Print Thread
2009 Theme Collectors Choice #58605 10/24/08 06:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just finished reading the December Lighthouse Legacy. They are listening at Harbour Lights. They "state" and country lineup is listed. Could this be the year for Pomham Rocks, RI and my other choice Thatcher's Island? Or might it be "The Chops"? Then there's the Society Piece. Lots to ponder between now and January. I'm running short of rooms for my collection and may have to get selective. What y'all think is up at Harbour Lights??????????

Re: 2009 Theme Collectors Choice #58606 10/24/08 07:21 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I know that HLs didn't do the survey for the heck of it, but, this is something unheard of. The entire year's line being made up of Collector's choices. I just hope they come out with another CG Cutter from Anchor Bay..

Rich
Re: 2009 Theme Collectors Choice #58607 10/24/08 08:55 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Interesting list of states chosen for next years lineup. I'm guessing this includes both LE's & GLOW's.

Going by the postings in the thread Tony started earlier this year to get our choices, which doesn't include the email only responces he received, you can get a idea of what they might be. I bet most of the lighthouses mentioned more then once where the ones selected. Although Bergen Point was mentioned three times and NJ isn't one of the states on the list.

Surpised I don't see California, I thought it already leaked out that a LE of Point Cabrillo was due in 2009.

Looks like no Duluth lights or Minnesota Point yet.

Curious to see what's for Oregon and Georgia. Maybe some Gone but not forgotten lights?

Delaware??? Could be Harbour of Refuge? Maybe Delaware Beakwater?

Maryland - Many possibilities, but hoping for Point Lookout.

New York - Huntington Harbor or Gull Island (as it was) would be great.

Maine, Florida, Massachusetts, and Rhode Island - Many collectors will be happy with whatever they are.

Hawaii - Long overdue, should be interesting.

Louisiana - Sabine Pass finally??? maybe!!!

Canada - Almost the same feel as a US light. Should be a good choice.

Ireland - I'm not personally thrilled about this one, but hey it might be time to start an Euro section in my collection.

beanie Hey only about 65 days until we know the first half dozen releases. cool

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: 2009 Theme Collectors Choice #58608 10/24/08 09:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My "HOT PICKS" for 2009-The Collector's Choice-

New York - Tibbet's Point
Rhode Island - Pomham Rocks
Maine - Wood Island
Oregon- A Lightship or Glow
Delaware - Harbor of Refuge (Happy Loon?)
Georgia- A Glow
Hawaii - Makapuu Point or Molokai
Florida - Carysfort Reef
Louisiana - Sabine Pass (That's 2 Loon, Great)
Massachusetts - The Chops (Society & Redemption)
Maryland - Blackistone Lighthouse (St.Clement Is)
Canada - Point Renommee (Beautiful)
Ireland - Beeves Rock

Re: 2009 Theme Collectors Choice #58609 10/25/08 10:04 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Wickywacky, Great picks, I forgot about Blackstone for Maryland, that would be a good choice!

The Chops as the CS pieces would make many collectors happy. It they are the 2009 CS pieces, I'm hope the Duluth Breakwaters are the 2010 CS pieces.

I'm also surprised that their won't be a Michigan or Wisconsin piece. Nothing for Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, Lake Superior, or Lake Erie? They are usually a good chunk of the yearly releases! I'm still hoping for an Apostle Island release in the next few years.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: 2009 Theme Collectors Choice #58610 10/30/08 02:49 AM
B
Bill Bowen Offline
B
I've been asking and hoping for Point Lookout, Maryland for several years. Maybe?

Re: 2009 Theme Collectors Choice #58611 10/30/08 03:50 PM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I was hoping for Jones Point, Virginia. However, if they do Florida and do one of the remaining Reef Lights, I would be happy.

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el

Moderated by  Bob M 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,040 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users