Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Two Reunions? #56193 05/09/00 02:25 AM
JJ Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
There was some discussion in Atlanta about the next Harbour Lights reunion being held in two parts, either East-West or Part 1 and Part 2. http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/forums/Forum13/HTML/000023.html
What do you think?

Re: Two Reunions? #56194 05/09/00 04:42 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
I don't like the idea of two reunions. I'd like to meet and see y'all, not find out you were at the other.

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: Two Reunions? #56195 05/10/00 03:15 PM
M
MONTY Offline
M
I am not in favor of the two reunion format. It will create a we and they situation.The reunion should alternate coasts and at least you will be able to attend the whole deal every other time.

Monty

Re: Two Reunions? #56196 05/10/00 06:13 PM
LamarB Offline
I'm not in favor of the two reunion format, either.

Re: Two Reunions? #56197 05/10/00 09:18 PM
Kaiz Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
IMHO, I believe Bill and the gang are seriously leaning towards two reunions. I can understand the strong feelings of fellow collectors about staying with the one reunion format. Myself, being one of the lucky ones to attend the 2nd reunion, have different feelings. I think having two and keeping the size at 500 allows a much more intimate feel. I really enjoyed Providence but at times it was quite hectic. As long as both reunions are structured as close as realistically can be done, I'm for trying it.
I don't know about the rest, but I would really appreciate the chance to make the cut for the second one if I did not make the first one. I know I would feel terrible not to make either and the prospects of allowing 1000 collectors to go split between two sites sounds alot more enjoyable then trying to accomodate a 1000 at one venue. My little "bald head" would be lost among the masses.

Re: Two Reunions? #56198 05/11/00 05:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having been fortunate enough to attend both reunions, we feel that the two reunion format is a great idea.

Providence was great, but in our not so humble opinion, San Diego was so great it would probably be impossible to recreate. I know Maureen and crew are going to give it one heck of a attempt though.

We feel splitting it up would make it more workable for the logistics for Maureen and group. (And if we don't kill them off with one big reunion, maybe they will consider doing another or two more sooner.) It makes for a more intimate group. We wouldn't get to meet everyone, but with the size of the big group that wouldn't happen anyway. The time we spend together would certainly be more intimate and a lot less chaotic. It gives more collectors a chance to attend. It would be less hectic (as was the first in San Diego). We could all stay in one place. In Providence, we personally were at a remote location and it really took away from the time we would have had with our fellow collectors while we were going back and forth. And when you are all in one place, it lends to chance meetings of those people you might otherwise not meet. We saw that prove out a number of times at the first reunion. Hanging out in the halls or at the coffee bar or the Mezzanine during the odd hours was great fun. That's how we got involved in being part of the research team for Kilahua (that all happened about 2am Sunday morning.)

Anyway, that is our ever so humble opinion.

Karen and Michael

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 805 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users