Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Seven Months & Counting Down #54995 03/04/01 03:25 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Seven months from today, we'll be gathering in Baltimore for the first day of the 2001 Harbour Lights Collectors Reunion.

Looking forward to putting faces with many of the names from these forums -- and seeing old faces again.

What are you looking forward to? What will you take along with you to the reunion?

What are you planning to buy especially for the reunion? (New digital camera?, new video camera?)

Have you made your travel arrangements yet? How will you be traveling - air, car, train?

Re: Seven Months & Counting Down #54996 03/04/01 06:33 PM
N
Nana Offline
N
Seven months away! You know what? That time will pass ever so quickly and we will be in Baltimore having the time of our lives.

Should we post pictures here on the forum of ourselves prior to going so we will recognize each other? or Should we enjoy the moment of meeting Wackos we have invested Forum time and thoughts in?

Alas, I won't have any money left to buy new camera equipment with, so will have to rely on my trusty Canon Rebel.

I am waiting for SWA to extend their schedules for October so I can get some good rates...(coming by airline)

This one thing I know, I am anticipating a GREAT time with other Wacko buddies and looking forward to making memories!

Derith

[This message has been edited by Nana (edited 03-04-2001).]

Re: Seven Months & Counting Down #54997 03/04/01 08:15 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Well I'm looking forward to renewing friendships in person with all the fine folks I met at the Providence Reunion in 1998. I'm especially looking forward to buying Paul Brady a "Chivas" to thank him for introducing me to my new HL Dealer, Bayside Treasures.

It will be great to talk with Saint John, Fred, Paul, Sean, and many of the other originals from the old "AOL Chats". It will be great to meet the new members of the HL Family of Friends that I've come to know through this Forum, especially my buddy Randy Kremer who was a tremendous help with some of those hard-to-find HLs.

Lorna and I will be arriving by car. I figure it will be easier to haul all those Hooper Straits home that way. It would be nice if HL decided to ship them to our home instead. I will bring two cameras, my new Olympus Digital and my Pentax IQ Zoom 200. I think I may leave the Canon A-1 at home.

Time marches on and soon October will be here before you know it. I don't want to wish my life away so I hope to have a great spring and summer and see all of you in Baltimore this fall.

Bob

Re: Seven Months & Counting Down #54998 03/04/01 09:45 PM
S
SThompson Offline
Administrator
Administrator
S
That would be great Bob but if it's like any of the past reunions I wouldn't plan on to many chats with online connections. As I recall I think I saw you in passing as the reunion was winding down. I'm not trying to be a bummer here but if the Wackos as a whole don't try to have a special little get together I fear many friends might be missed. It's just one heck of a busy weekend no matter how many days it is. Not everyone will be in town early or will they be able to take the bus tours. What do you think John? I know Harbour Lights mentioned some sort of little get together for the Wacko's. No gifts, door prizes necessary, just a large room to have a cup of coffee with friends and maybe a short welcome from Saint John and then we can roam around the room and meet. This needs to be done during the reunion, not before or after to be able to give everyone we can the opportunity to meet.

imho

Re: Seven Months & Counting Down #54999 03/05/01 01:33 AM
T
TGIFIF Offline
T
I will be driving up. Should be about a 16 hr drive. I don't think I will be buying any new "toys" before the reunion. Will just have to rely on what I have & can borrow. Can't wait for time to get here!

TGIFIF

Re: Seven Months & Counting Down #55000 03/05/01 02:56 AM
S
SThompson Offline
Administrator
Administrator
S
I didn't realize ya'll were chatting about this elsewhere, Christmas in October

It would still be nice to have a get together during the reunion vice before during the bus tours.

[This message has been edited by SThompson (edited 03-04-2001).]

Re: Seven Months & Counting Down #55001 03/05/01 04:55 AM
W
Walt Mills Offline
W
Well here in Ct the snow is flying and we can't wait for the HL Reunion. Just think no snow.

Re: Seven Months & Counting Down #55002 03/05/01 01:18 PM
Rrronne Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
We are looking forward to meeting fellow wackos and renewing friendships started at Providence.

Don't plan to buy anything new yet unless my 35mm bites the dust.

My wife and I are flying in on 10/3. We are also staying in te area until 10/13 to see some of the other sites.

Randall & Linda Ronne

Randall Ronne
President - Colorado Lighthouse Collectors Society
New Dungeness Light Station Association
Re: Seven Months & Counting Down #55003 03/05/01 09:19 PM
K
keeperpam2 Offline
Wacko
Wacko
K
I'm planning on buying a new camera. I've put off getting a digital for just too long! Also, I also can't wait to put faces to names. I have been reading the forums for a long time, but have not met most of you. The postcard exchange put us in touch with each other, and now a "meeting of the WACKOS" would be nice.
Speaking meeting other wackos......
I FINALLY MADE IT!!
What sneaky way to lead into that!
To all of you getting buried by the snow.... I'm really feeling sorry for you. No.... really I am.
Pam

Re: Seven Months & Counting Down #55004 03/08/01 12:40 AM
Chesapeake Bryan Offline
I am looking forward to meeting everyone from the forums. I am planning (hopefully) on having a digital camera by the time the reunion rolls around.

Bryan

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 900 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users