Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54576 10/12/01 07:39 PM
Offline OP
sanibel
OP Offline
sanibel
As much as I enjoyed the NJ bus trip on Wednesday, my husband and I find ourselves with some kind of creeping crud. Hubby began with a sore throat on Saturday or Sunday. I am approximately 2 days behind him illness-wise. I think we caught something on the bus trip since we were all in close quarters for 17 hours. Did anyone else catch the same bug? Hubby went to the Dr. today and I am scheduled for Monday. True, this weekend will not as much fun as the Reunion, but I now will have a box of kleenex as my closest companion.
Just wondering how everyone else on the bus or buses fared?

Ahhchoo!!!

Eileen Dunlap
Charlotte, NC
Re: NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54577 10/12/01 08:24 PM
Tom and Joyce Abbott Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Tom and I were on the Brady Bunch tours Thursday and Monday, but not Wednesday.

My sore throat started Sunday night. The flu-like symptoms got worse each day. We had planned to fly from Dallas, but ended up driving at the last minute. Sorry to say that Tom had to drive most of the 1500 miles on our return trip. I went to work yesterday (big mistake), but stayed home today. Tom's symptoms are running about three days behind mine. He started with the sore throat yesterday. I think a lot of it was from the change of climate.

(As we were driving through Virgina, heard the news report of a possible case of Anthrax in Virginia (flu-like symptoms). Later heard it was a false alarm.)

Joyce

Tom & Joyce
Re: NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54578 10/12/01 09:10 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Just tired from lack of sleep for almost three weeks... I am sorry that apparently the Brady Bunch shared more than just our friendship..

Paul L Brady

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54579 10/12/01 09:26 PM
Tom and Joyce Abbott Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Paul,
The bus tours were great and we really appreciate all the work you and John put into them.
No reason for you to be sorry because we decided to pick up a flu bug along the way.

------------------
Tom & Joyce

Tom & Joyce
Re: NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54580 10/12/01 09:26 PM
R
Rod Watson Offline
Saint
Saint
R
Don't think it was the bus, just a change of weather and surroundings. We were not on the bus tours, but Becki has picked up a mean cold too.

Re: NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54581 10/12/01 09:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like Rod said, I think it's the weather, we didn't take the bus but we all have colds too

Re: NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54582 10/13/01 02:17 AM
J
jw177 Offline
J
Sorry you got sick, guess I am just use to the constant change in the weather here, as the cold bug didn't get us. Do hope you enjoyed all the Maryland lights.
Linda

Re: NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54583 10/13/01 07:45 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Well I'm as healthy as a horse, but Lorna had symptons of something similar to a cold but it lasted just over twenty-four hours.

Many times when there are large gatherings of people in somewhat confined areas, a few germs get inadvertenly passed around. It's kind of like your small children going to school and brining colds home to you.

I do hope everyone recovered quickly.

Bob

Re: NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54584 10/14/01 03:54 PM
Randy Kremer Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I was on the bus trip on Wed. and am glad to say I didn't get sick. I was more tired from that long day of riding on the bus than the 10 hour drive to Baltimore the day before! I am curious to know how many tolls we went through on that bus trip. Someone made a lot of money from our buses! I had a sore throat on the drive home Sunday. It was gone by Monday morning.I think it had to do with the drastic change in weather. What a beautiful drive home we had! Many of the trees had their leaves changing colors! There is a beautiful replica of a lighthouse on I-68 in Maryland that we stopped and took a few pictures of on the way home. Anyone else see it? It looks like Peggy's Cove. It's on a church's property and it's hard not to miss just off the highway! It must be 30 to 40 feet tall!

Re: NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54585 10/14/01 05:00 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Bus tolls are based on the number of axels. We had 3 so the turnpike fares were about $2 per bus. Monday was a holiday and we didn't have to pay tolls on bridges, toll roads or parks.

Had we taken the Lewes - Cape May Ferry, the tolls would have been substantially higher. The rate is about $60 for a 50 foot bus plus $1 per passenger (I believe that's correct.)

Re: NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54586 10/14/01 06:09 PM
JoAnn Offline
Wasn't on the Brady Bus but on the "other"one for Wed. tour,came down with sore throat&chest cold symptoms on Sat.-John's symptoms three days behind.It definitely wasn't the bus tour-I blamed the air in the plane on the way to Balt.

Re: NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54587 10/14/01 07:50 PM
N
Nana Offline
N
Were any of you, that came down with the Baltimore Sniffles, hug or talk to BY over the time of the reunion? On Sunday morning, he was sniffling and using tissues and I asked him if he had the Baltimore Sniffles. Perhaps Bill brought it with him from his trip to Maine that was right before the reunion.
Derith

Re: NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54588 10/15/01 01:08 AM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I can't speak about who caught what ailment on the bus trip to NJ, but I can say this.

I talked to Conrad from Sea Girt and Betty from Hereford Inlet this weekend and you all caught a number of compliments.

They had nothing but good things to say about that group of Wacos form Harbour lights.

Conrad wanted to make sure i thanked you all for being so patient with him due to his lack of assistance. He told me some jumped right in and helped sell the stuff to the others.

Betty was sorry that you were not able to spend more time at the Lighthouse so you could have actually seen it.

I can second their compliments for your visit to Sandy Hook. this was not a surprise to any of us- true Lighthouse Wackos are good people and know how to treat others while having a good time.

It was good to meet all of you that I did meet, I only wish it could have been more of you.

Dennis

Re: NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54589 10/15/01 02:24 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Dennis,

Those of us on the trips really appreciated all the volunteers who opened the lights for us, and kept them open late. A beautiful group of lights that I will have to re-visit to be able to enjoy them fully.

Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave H (edited 10-15-2001).]

Re: NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54590 10/15/01 11:51 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Thanks for passing along the compliments, Dennis.

I said it before and on the tours, but the NJ Tour couldn't have happened without the your help, the help of Barry Wood and other members of the NJ Lighthouse Society.

Thanks also to all those who took this and all the tours. I know you brightened the day for many of the lighthouses - especially those with gift shops!

Re: NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54591 10/15/01 02:22 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
John,

I'll pass on your comments and those of the others along to Tom Laverty, Barry Wood, Conrad Yauch, Betty Mungier and all of the others that made the visits possible.

Ya'll come back anytime.

Dennis

Re: NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54592 10/16/01 08:24 PM
Offline OP
sanibel
OP Offline
sanibel
Well, thanks for everyone's response. I think hubby and I were just plain vulnerable. The bus trip was a shared experience and I guess we shared a little more than we initially planned. Anyway, I am still fighting my cough, etc... Give me a couple more weeks and I will be back to normal.

Thanks again though for planning such a wonderful trip. We both had a wonderful time and I would have gone even if I knew I would come down with bronchitis. I talked with some of my other club members who tried to see some of those lights on their own before the reunion and they had no where near the access John, Paul, and all their connections at the different lighthouses were able to provide.

Probably the silliest memory of the trip is our bus stop at the first rest stop. Once we realized they had good post cards we swarmed like bees to honey. I think that rest stop probably won't forget us either.

Well, I'm off to our club meeting to show everyone our NJ sticker map from the trip.

Eileen Dunlap
Charlotte, NC
Re: NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54593 10/16/01 11:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sanibel, I think we all had fun at the meeting tonight. I`ll be keeping my ears open, trying to hear your "cat" calls.

terry

Re: NJ bus trip--The Brady Bunch bus--Is anyone else sick? #54594 10/16/01 11:55 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
That rest stop was the only one we stopped at on the all tours. I didn't bother getting off the bus. Imagine my surprise when people are coming back with food, drinks, gift bags!!

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,414 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users