Next Thread
Print Thread
Reunion is over...now what? #54412 10/11/01 12:00 PM
bright eyes Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Hi all!

Well, the long awaited 2001 Baltimore Reunion has come and gone. We pounded the telephones one year ago to make reservations for this fun event. We made new friends, saw old friends, traveled by all means of transportation to Baltimore, ate and ate some more, purchased souvenirs, visited and climb lighthouses, boat tours, bus tours, laughed and cried, and laughed some more!

Now what is next?
Birthday's, Anniversaries, Children/School happenings, East Regional Event, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year of 2002, HL new releases, start planning for next year's HL events...
May all of us, reunion attendees or the collectors who couldn't attend, be thankful for this wonderful country of the United States of America and all that is offered for us!

Re: Reunion is over...now what? #54413 10/11/01 12:53 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Hi Mary, ... It was great to finally meet you and Herm. That's one of the best parts of HL get-togethers is the opportunity to meet fellow collectors in person.

Lorna and I are hoping to make it to the regional event in Connecticut on October 27. After that, who knows where the next HL event in the area will be.

God Bless America!

Bob

Re: Reunion is over...now what? #54414 10/11/01 01:43 PM
LADYBUG Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
now what? . . . the task of forming a Pacific Northwest Harbour Lights Collector Club is on the horizon . . . if interested email me . . . Darlene

Re: Reunion is over...now what? #54415 10/11/01 01:50 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
As another HL year winds down we'll probably just do what we've done other years. Start speculating over next year's offerings, plan lighthouse trips, particate in club activities while waiting to see what HL gatherings are going to be offered. And then those curios always need cleaning too, darn!

Re: Reunion is over...now what? #54416 10/11/01 03:28 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
You're right on the money, Sue. Many times Lorna and I visit area lights in the winter months. Usually no one is around and you can get some super pictures on those clear and sunny winter days.

Bob

Re: Reunion is over...now what? #54417 10/11/01 03:46 PM
R
Rod Watson Offline
Saint
Saint
R
We visited Marblehead Light last winter for the first time in snow. A major lake effect storm rolled in during our drive to the peninsula. The normally 1 hr+ trip turned into a 2 1/2 hr+ nailbiter of a drive. We bundled up so that only a small section of our faces were exposed, lit up a huge Cuban Cigar, pulled down an authentic Russian (and funny as hell looking) fur hat, and journeyed to the light. Anyone who saw us probably thought we were absolutely insane. I used my monopod as a 'testing' stick to walk around the snow covered random (and dangerously slick) boulders and to test the hardness of the lake ice. 4 degree wind chill, 25 MPH winds with driving snow, but we spent an hour at the light and snapped off 3 rolls of film...and I had one of the most enjoyable times of my life! Will definately try a couple more this winter too. It was a blast.

Sorry, but I was smart enough NOT to take a picture of ourselves. LOL.

Spend your winter like Bob, go visit some snow covered lights! It's as fun as having a snow ball fight when you were a child.
[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 10-11-2001).]

Re: Reunion is over...now what? #54418 10/11/01 04:41 PM
bright eyes Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Hi Bob,

We ditto the words to you and the Mrs.! Fabulous meeting both of you!

We have so much in common, corvettes, lighthouses, state police etc...and having a good time!

How was the "sparkling water" on the way to the ESPN2 ZONE?

You do play a great game of spelling words, with so few letters! Congratulations!

Mary and Herm

Re: Reunion is over...now what? #54419 10/11/01 06:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Sorry, but I was smart enough NOT to take a picture of ourselves. LOL.

Does anyone have any Photoshop magic to make this a reality?

terry

Re: Reunion is over...now what? #54420 10/12/01 02:14 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Winter lighthousing can be quite interesting. A couple years ago we took a mid-winter trip to the southwestern Michigan lights. To say the least, it is very different walking out a pier encrusted with many inches of ice! As others have noted, the crowds aren't quite as bad, but you would be surprised how many people are out enjoying the lights! The day we were out was a stellar day - pretty sky, up into the 20's and not too windy.

Unfortunately, the kid is a swimmer and the prime winter lighthousing falls right at the end of the season when we have conference meet as well as sectionals, so we have a couple more years to wait to repeat the adventure.

Dave

Re: Reunion is over...now what? #54421 11/02/01 02:29 AM
JoanieO Offline
I certainly enjoyed my first reunion and meeting many of the people I've met on this forum. I'm looking forward to whatever is on tap for the future. Those badges really helped to put the names with the faces.
JoanieO

JoanieO

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,167 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users