Print Thread
Thank you all for a gift I will a;ways treasure #54315 10/21/01 07:46 PM
O
oseabee Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
O
Today I recieved A gift I will treasure always part of it I will frame and hang in a conspicuous place the smaller part will stay with my lights.What I am refering to is a wacko tag from baltimore worn and autographed by many friends at the reunion and a letter signed by many others whom I will always consider my friends.seeing these two things really touched me to the core thank you all.BillO'Brien-oseabee

[This message has been edited by oseabee (edited 10-23-2001).]

oseabee
Bill O'Brien
Re: Thank you all for a gift I will a;ways treasure #54316 10/21/01 10:10 PM
MrsTLC Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Bill, we thought of you a lot at the reunion...we all wish you could have been there in person but felt that wearing the badge with your name on it you were at least there in spirit...

Ruthie

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: Thank you all for a gift I will a;ways treasure #54317 10/23/01 02:52 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
During the weeks leading up to the Reunion, Bill's health was such that his doctor told him he could not attend the Reunion. As orders began to come in for the special Connected Collector name tags, I decided I would make one for Bill, and ask that wackos take turns wearing it in Baltimore. Just a day or so after this decision, and having communicated it to no one, Gail Jumper asked if she could purchase a badge for Bill.

Just before the reunion, Tim Young (aka Torchbearer) let us know that he had to cancel his plans to attend. Tim is a broadcast engineer - he builds radio stations. During the time we would be in Baltimore having a grand time, Tim would be in NYC helping to get radio stations back on the air. I also decided to make a badge for Tim.

In Baltimore, I asked other connected collectors to take turns wearing the 2 name badges. Even if they could not be at the Reunion in person, they could be there in spirit - in our thoughts. I also made a "card" for folks to sign and add their notes to. During the weekend, many folks took the time to sign the cards for Bill and Tim. Many took the time to wear the nametags - Bill and Tim were at all the Reunion events, and there are pictures to prove it! Each person who wore the nametags was asked to sign the back of the badge when they passed it on to the next person. I also asked Bill, Nancy and Kim to sign the badges. (I would have asked Maureen too, but she was very busy doing all the behind the scenes work when I had the badges in hand.)

The cards and badges were delivered to Bill by Gail Jumper, and to Tim by Rick Mau. My thanks to these two collectors for their help in delivery. Also, a big thanks to each person who signed the cards and wore and signed the nametags. You pretty much showed what a family this group is!

Paul has some pictures of the cards and nametags that perhaps he can add. I know there are also some other interesting shots of the nametags making the rounds that perhaps can now be shared.

Dave

Re: Thank you all for a gift I will a;ways treasure #54318 10/23/01 10:23 AM
O
oseabee Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
O
Thank you dave this just proves again what a great groupis out there and I appreciate all that has been done.I really missed going to the reunion to meet many of you in person but these two pieces(I got a frame for the letter )will be kept as precious memories as long as I am around.Bill O'Brien alias oseabee And a heartfelt THANKSto you all.

oseabee
Bill O'Brien
Re: Thank you all for a gift I will a;ways treasure #54319 10/23/01 12:17 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
And a big THANKS to you Dave for thinking of this unique way for Bill and Tim to "attend" the reunion! Also to Gail and Rick!

I'm sure there were some others who had planned to attend and who were forced to cancel for one reason or another. We missed you too!

Re: Thank you all for a gift I will a;ways treasure #54320 10/23/01 06:35 PM
RIP Puls Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Bill the Florida Group had a ball wearing
you around.
DAVE a NAVY bROVO ZULU on the idea.Good work
CHIEF.

RIP
Re: Thank you all for a gift I will a;ways treasure #54321 10/24/01 10:36 PM
T
TGIFIF Offline
T
& I want to say thanks for giving me the privilege of delivering these smiles to Bill. I LOVE this family. You guys are TERRIFIC!!!!!!!!!

TGIFIF

Re: Thank you all for a gift I will a;ways treasure #54322 10/25/01 12:20 AM
O
oseabee Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
O
having you give me a ride home from Pensicola and bringing me this letter really made my two week ends.Bill O'Brien

oseabee
Bill O'Brien
Re: Thank you all for a gift I will a;ways treasure #54323 10/25/01 01:28 AM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Thank you all for a gift I will a;ways treasure #54324 10/29/01 11:26 PM
I
Iris1 Offline
I
We missed both Bill & Tim and were glad we got to "carry them" around in Baltimore.

Hope to see you guys at the next reunion!

Iris

Re: Thank you all for a gift I will a;ways treasure #54325 10/30/01 02:08 AM
O
oseabee Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
O
Just hope that Tim didnt get into the asbestos they were talking about in N,Y, today on TVBill O'Brien

oseabee
Bill O'Brien

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,208 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users