Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Ancient Mariner - Part 2B #54258 10/19/01 04:59 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Somehow yesterday this thread got scambled when we exceeded the storage space here at the Forums.

Got an email from Fred's daughter today:

Quote:
I just finished reading all of the "Say a prayer for Fred" postings on the Harbour Lights website. Thank you all for energizing Dad to meet his goal and for keeping him safe. He could not have had a better adventure. He is so amazed and humbled by the support and love bestowed.

Thank you for speerheading the WACKOS.

I spoke with Dad last night and other than a little cough he is thriving. He plans on leaving Kalamazoo on Oct 24th and will be home by the 1st.

Many thanks to all of you!
Mickey Spratling

Re: The Ancient Mariner - Part 2B #54259 10/19/01 07:25 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Now that makes it all worth it for sure. Fred is a legend in the world of HL collecting. I'm proud to be in his circle of friends.

Bob

Re: The Ancient Mariner - Part 2B #54260 10/19/01 08:09 PM
O
oseabee Offline
Administrator
Administrator
O
Keep on going Fred we all have faith in you you made it to Baltimore didn't you remember at the next reunion I want to meet you and shake your hand.Sorry it wasn't this year but seems like the fellow up stairs had other plans.Bill O'Brien

oseabee
Bill O'Brien
Re: The Ancient Mariner - Part 2B #54261 10/19/01 09:02 PM
N
Nana Offline
N
Glad to hear my friend Fred is still making it across country. As I have said before, it is a blessing to pray for others. Bill, I think the "fella upstairs" was looking out for you....what a blessing you were at home when your medical problems showed up...We are so thankful you are doing better and better each day.
Derith

Re: The Ancient Mariner - Part 2B #54262 10/20/01 02:21 AM
MrsTLC Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Well I'm looking forward to the travel updates on Fred...I guess we helped him get to the reunion and we can help him get home...better watch out for "smokies" Fred...heard you have a problem with that right foot of yours... And as for you Bill I want Nana to give you an extra hug from me since I was not able to meet you in Baltimore...Take care...

Ruthie

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: The Ancient Mariner - Part 2B #54263 10/21/01 11:06 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I've started a new thread down in the Personal Forum where those who want to give Fred a call while he's moving back West can send me an email.

Look for "Following Fred Home..."

Re: The Ancient Mariner - Part 2B #54264 10/22/01 10:05 AM
O
OldSailor Offline
O
I didn't break the thread' John. Honest. It wasn't me. It must have been the cat. I know it wasn't the dog. It had to be the cat!

Yep. Plans are to leave Kalamazoo on Wed. the 23rd. Hole up in Des Moines 'til Sun then take off for Denver for another layover and San Jose on Sat, Nov 3. For those of you who have friends or acquaintences across my probable route, you might want to give out a warning that Fred is back on the loose. A one state buffer either side should be a sufficient margin of safety. I threw my maps away and will be navigating by the sun so I might stray a little off course ocassionaly.

Have picked up a slight cough, which seems to be going away. Other than that I am feeling like the bottom of a stove. Here in Kellogg country and Tony the Tiger that equates to GR-R-R-EAT.

Bill O, sorry we missed one another. The next reunion could be a long way away (Bill Y sez 28 years, I say 5 years). Guess we'll have to plan on the Atlanta ICE show or a regional or some other event to meet.

Once again guys. thanks for all the good wishes and caring thoughts. Never could have made it without you. Love ya all.

Fred

P.S. COKMPUTER HATES ME. I’ve been trying for three days to make this post. First it wipes out the entire thread. then, it tells me I don’t exist but when I tried to sign back on it told me my name was already in use. Etc. Etc. Etc. Sound familiar. I can’t be the only one.

Re: The Ancient Mariner - Part 2B #54265 10/22/01 12:10 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Fred, if you register a couple more times we will reach the latest goal of 800 registrants! So don't forget the donuts!

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 811 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users