cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Please tell me more.... #54180 08/27/01 03:39 PM
Larry Offline OP
OP Offline
I haven't started collecting HL yet, but plan to do so. I live in the Baltimore metro area, so getting to there won't be a problem. Could someone tell me what this is all about? Are there shows, events, etc.? What about the tours that are planned? Is there a web page somewhere with all of the details, or could some one tell me here or email me? Can I come? Pretty please?

Re: Please tell me more.... #54181 08/27/01 04:11 PM
Dave H Online
Saint
Saint
Larry,

The event in Baltimore that has generated so much excitement is Harbour Lights 3rd Collector's Family Reunion. There will be much to do about HL and real LH. It will be a place for many of us to see friends we have made in the HL family of collectors and to meet face-to-face those we have come to know on the internet. Unfortunately, the event has reached capacity and no more attendees are being signed up.

It is everyone's hope (even before this reunion is done) that there will be another gathering a couple years down the road.This is a major undertaking for the HL staff, and as much as we would like it to be an annual event, that isn't practical (unfortunately).

Here is a link to information on the Baltimore Collectors Family Reunion

Dave

Re: Please tell me more.... #54182 08/27/01 04:58 PM
Larry Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the info, but I gather the answer is "No". Oh well, maybe another time.

Thanks

Re: Please tell me more.... #54183 08/28/01 01:36 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Larry, it's just a question of timing. Sign-up time for the reunion was last October and spaces filled up quicker than you can say Harbour Lights!

If you have taken the time to read through the threads posted under the other topics in the "Events" section of these forums you will see that there are many other opportunities to meet with fellow collectors. Some of the larger events, such as the Collector Fest/Midwest Regional held last June in Chicago are turning into mini-reunions and don't require as much advance planning nor do they limit attendance.

Attending a store signing event affords you the opportunity to meet fellow collectors and lighthouse enthusiasts.

Have fun as you work your way to HLism!

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Dave H, Rock), 1,505 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users