cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Trouble still accesssing Forums/HL site! #53229 02/07/01 08:16 PM
DeDo Offline OP
OP Offline
Followed all the suggestions under another thread "What's different with HL site". Used John's link to Harbour Lights site, still getting error page. Can't access Forums thru HL site even when I bypass the error page & reach the HL site. Neither of my old bookmared sites work.

Went into Forums thru Lighthousekeepers site. Can't load some of the threads ie 2001 E-bay oddesey, What do you want in an HL guide?, yesterday "What happened to Survival guide?" This is the only way I can reach the Forums!

I have AOL, it is no better than it was over the weekend. Any word on when it will be fixed?
Donna

Re: Trouble still accesssing Forums/HL site! #53230 02/07/01 08:37 PM
O
oseabee Offline
Administrator
Administrator
O
I have also had troubles error signs not available and other crazy things but I find it is only at certain times of the day.I hope the mess thats known as Time Warner does not rub off on AOL.Bill O'Brien oseabee

oseabee
Bill O'Brien
Re: Trouble still accesssing Forums/HL site! #53231 02/07/01 08:55 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
I need more specific feedback on the problems people are having.

What service are you using - AOL vs. an ISP. How do you connect (56K dialup, cable? DSL?) What browser are you using - and what version? (Go to HELP/About).

AOL users - make sure you have enable JAVA Scripts (Some more proficient AOL user please provide a step-by-step on how to do this.) What version of AOL software? Are you using AOL's built-in browser? Or a standalone one - and which one?

What TIME OF DAY (and time zone) did this happen?

Where was the link you clicked on (the URL of the page where you FOUND the link to click on such as www.HarbourLights.com/index.htm)

What happened? Be specific. What did the error message SAY?

Here is a direct link to the forums: BOOKMARK IT!
http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/cgi-bin/forumscgi/Ultimate.cgi

John

Re: Trouble still accesssing Forums/HL site! #53232 02/07/01 09:09 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
No problems here, everything's looking AOK! Thanks John and Paul, for the great photos!

Re: Trouble still accesssing Forums/HL site! #53233 02/07/01 10:40 PM
Lorie Roe Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
John,
Everytime I sign on from aol version 6.0 using www.harbourlights.com, I get a scrip error. It doesn't matter what time of day, that error always comes up. Often times the collector forums will not access. It tries to read and after a long time, it displays saying page cannot be displayed. It reads up to 39% of file and stops. Other times I try to access collector forums and it will not read anything...it just goes back to the opening page. I usually shut down for a while and try to access the web site later and see if it will read. This gets to be a slow and often frustrating process to get on.

Re: Trouble still accesssing Forums/HL site! #53234 02/07/01 11:20 PM
J
Jazzer Offline
J
John,

I am also getting a script error. I have AOL
6.0 . The error msg. flags when signing on to
the HL web site and again when going from the forums or any other section back to the home page via the back button . This has happened for several days now at any time that I have signed on

Lonnie

Lonnie
Re: Trouble still accesssing Forums/HL site! #53235 02/07/01 11:29 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
I couldn't get into the CF this morning but I believed the problem was with the AOL server. I have experienced a couple of minor problems using the back button lately but when I repeat the procedure it goes through on the second try.

Other than that, everything seems to be working well.

Bob

Re: Trouble still accesssing Forums/HL site! #53236 02/08/01 12:26 AM
O
oseabee Offline
Administrator
Administrator
O
I have been getting site not responding notices lately.Bill O'Brien oseabee

oseabee
Bill O'Brien
Re: Trouble still accesssing Forums/HL site! #53237 02/08/01 01:35 AM
DeDo Offline OP
OP Offline
AOL version 6.0 with 56K dial up. Browser with AOL. All times of day & evening. Eastern time zone. Nothing changed on my end/computer, AOL version, browser etc. Problem has been about 6 days.

Same bookmarked Forum site & same HL bookmarked site. Just tried again this evening, neither bookmark would bring up the forums, gets to 39% & then states the web site is not responding. I will try your Hyper-link to the Forums after I post this.

Donna

Re: Trouble still accesssing Forums/HL site! #53238 02/08/01 09:45 AM
DeDo Offline OP
OP Offline
John,

Tried again 6:20AM EST. Your suggested bookmarked site doesn't load at all(Which is the same bookmarked site I've been using with no trouble all along). HarbourLights.com comes up with error page first:

Internet Explorer Script Error

Line 132
Char. 14
Error: Expected J
Code: 0
URL: http//Harbourlights.com

I have seen this page all the time in the past few days. When I by-pass it I still can't load the Forums.

Got in this AM thru Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Donna

Re: Trouble still accesssing Forums/HL site! #53239 02/08/01 01:36 PM
J
Joanne Offline
J
John,

DeDo's message is the same one I've been getting. Saturday and Sunday I couldn't log on at all to the forums until late Sunday night. I started trying at around 7:30 a.m. est. I even tried doing a search on the internet for Harbour Lights and tried to log on with that address and still came up with an error. I rebooted repeated thinking maybe that would help. I am AOL 4, checked Java scripts, using 56K modem. I have done nothing different to my pc from what I have been doing for the past two years. When I tried to connect through the search I did, the HL webpage showed up but it didn't have the bottom links or the center picture. It only showed the revolving picture.

Joanne

Re: Trouble still accesssing Forums/HL site! #53240 02/08/01 02:02 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
This appears to be a problem with AOL's version of MS Internet Explorer. And to some extent FrontPage 2000 which wants to add a particular Java script to the index.htm and default_NF.htm pages each time I edit it.

I've manually removed the offending script from those two pages. AOL users, please now try these two links and see if they work:

www.harbourlights.com/index.htm
www.harbourlights.com/default_NF.htm

Also you could try this link:
www.harbourlights.com/default.htm (The frames page).

Re: Trouble still accesssing Forums/HL site! #53241 02/08/01 05:20 PM
Lainey1973 Offline
I too have been receiving a scipt error when I open www.harbourlights.com It just says there is an error in the script and asks me if I want to continue loading this page I usually just click yes and it goes on and loads. Although I have no problem accessing the forums from Harbour lights link. I have a 56k modemn and have internet through my phone company dmrtc.net! I live in the middle of amish country no local numbers for aol....or anything else for that matter!

A DAY ISN'T A DAY UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN A LIGHT!!
LAINEY wink
Re: Trouble still accesssing Forums/HL site! #53242 02/08/01 10:09 PM
J
Jazzer Offline
J
John,

No Script errors tonight. Backed out using back button and no problems . Logged on again and no script error shown . All Fine here

Lonnie

Lonnie
Re: Trouble still accesssing Forums/HL site! #53243 02/09/01 12:14 AM
DeDo Offline OP
OP Offline
Good job John! I logged on this PM, my old forums bookmarked link. Every thing back to normal. Did the same thru HL site, again accessed the Forums with no wait. Don't really understand what you did but it worked!

Thanks,
Donna

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,055 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users