Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Welcome Back From Vacation #53218 07/06/99 12:06 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Judging by the number of 'unique hosts' (read individual visitors), www.HarbourLights.com experienced a real drop over the 4th of July weekend.

The most recent high was 633 on Thursday, July 1. That fell to 396 on July 4th. Back up to 479 on Monday as some of you got back and rushed to see the latest posts here on the forums.

Welcome back, everyone. Some of you have already reported on "what I did over the fourth". Any other stories? You don't have to have been lighthousing to let us know.

We spent the weekend at home. Not too exciting, but we got in several swims and enjoyed the foods of the season - burgers on the grill, fresh corn and red & blue jello with whipped cream!

Re: Welcome Back From Vacation #53219 07/06/99 12:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summertime and the living is easy....

Mini lighthouse trip to SC over the Fourth with a stop in Jacksonville. Enjoyed sun, good food, fireworks (Sat.&Sun.)and friends.

Hope all had as good a time as I did arriving home safely.
Derith

Re: Welcome Back From Vacation #53220 07/06/99 02:46 PM
Todd Shorkey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I need a vacation now that the 4th of July weekend is over!

I worked at the fire station as follows:
Tue 24 hours
Wed 12 hours
Thu 24 hours
Fri 16 hours with fireworks blast area duty
Sat 24 hours

100 hours in five days, way too much work. I had Sunday off anyway and finally got to see my family at a get-together.

-Todd

Re: Welcome Back From Vacation #53221 07/06/99 02:53 PM
JohnL Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Tried to get in some time on the beach, but it kept raining. All of the pictures I took of the Lighthouses at Sanibel and Gaspirilla Island have an ominous backgraound to them. Hope they come out.
Other than that, pretty much stayed around the house and watched fireworks. I did start planning my LI trip next month.

John

Wave after wave will flow in the tide and bury the world as it does.
Re: Welcome Back From Vacation #53222 07/06/99 03:03 PM
Lighthousedude Offline
Love those long weekends!!!

Spent Saturday doing the volunteer thing at the Fire Island Lighthouse doing tower tours.It was hot but the oceans breezes were Mother Natures air condition.

Sunday it was off to Conneticut for my nephews birthday. (Hot!!)

Monday was hang out at the pool & an afternoon BB-Q.

Re: Welcome Back From Vacation #53223 07/06/99 03:16 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
I was fortunate to spend Sunday through Saturday at Nantucket then moved over to Edgartown on Martha's Vineyard for two nights. The following is a list of lights I saw or passed during my journey: Brant Point, Great Point, Sankaty Head, old Brant Point Light, Cape Pogue, Edgartown, East Chop, West Chop, Nobska, Tarpaulin Cove, Gay Head, Sakonet, Borden Flats, Bristol Ferry, Hog Island, Prudence Island, Warwick Light, Nyatt Point, Conimicut Light, and Pomham Rocks. It was a great trip! We're leaving for Block Island on Friday!

Bob

Re: Welcome Back From Vacation #53224 07/06/99 03:37 PM
Digger Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Sat.

Family headed to Battle Creek, MI to watch a 6 hr. air show. Lots of wingwalkers, Helicopter aerobatics, parachutes, snowbirds, Thunderbirds and 1 gravedigger just in case. Makes the pilots REAL nervous!
Super HOT! My body looks like a well-cooked lobster with bergundy highlights.

Sun.

Cook-out at the parents. Managed to turn their yard a nice shade of BLACK with our 2hr. fireworks extravaganza. Safe Holiday except for the singed evergreen, exploding trash barrel and melted shingles.

Mon.

Entertained guests from CT. Seems all they wanted to do was drive around and look at the corn and bean fields. Oh, they thought the Amish were pretty cool too. It figures, no Rosemont this weekend and I get the whole thing off!!!!

That was pretty much it. Food, barnstormers, food, hot weather, blistering skin, food, burning back yards, food, corn, beans and Amish. Holidays are GREAT!!!

Digger

Re: Welcome Back From Vacation #53225 07/06/99 04:42 PM
A
Al and Kathy Offline
A
Our holiday turned into a very restful one. Indoors as much as possible to avoid the heat and humidity. Dinner out with friends. A quick trip to the kids to install a hard drive. Wonderful relaxation without any holiday driving!

Kathy

Re: Welcome Back From Vacation #53226 07/06/99 08:49 PM
J
Joanne Offline
J
I'm glad everyone is back. The forum was lonely. I didn't know what to do with all my extra time since there were so few postings.

I would like to say thank you to Todd for all the hours he put in working over the holiday weekend. We don't thank our paramedics and firefighers near as much as we should.

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (DANIEL, Rock), 1,681 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users