Print Thread
It's Up #5098 11/11/01 02:04 PM
L
lkeasyliving Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
L
My Lighthouse Christmass tree is up and just about done its full of Lighthouse Ornaments of course all the Hl ones and I do have Scaasis for the ones we saw that Hl's don't make yet pluse a lot of painted balls of Lights that we have seen in our travels. I think I might need a bigger tree in the near future. The one I have now is about 6-7 ft. I have about 140 ornaments on it.
It does look great in our Lighthouse room with all our other Hl's
Hope to get pics later after I take them then get developed (I don't have digital)
Larry

[This message has been edited by lkeasyliving (edited 11-11-2001).]

Larry
Re: It's Up #5099 11/12/01 08:25 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Wow! You do get your Christmas tree up early. It amazes me how early people decorate for Christmas. The first trailer load of Christmas trees arrived yesterday at the local shubbery store, Thanksgiving is one week from Thursday, so it might be time for me to think about putting my Christmas lights on my trees.

Where has the year gone?

Bob

Re: It's Up #5100 11/12/01 11:37 PM
JoanieO Offline
I haven't put away my Halloween decorations yet. Plan to keep some of them up til Thanksgiving. Then, I'll start thinking about decorating for Christmas. Since we don't have any "little kiddies" around any more I'm thinking of downsizing. Used to have a 7' tree, a few years ago we bought a 5' tree. Putting it up isn't a problem, it's taking it down. We have an assortment of ornaments, including HL's ornaments.
Anyway, that is going to be my #1 task for December. JOANIEO

JoanieO
Re: It's Up #5101 11/15/01 10:07 PM
L
lkeasyliving Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
L
I wanted to get it up early for we have a house full for Turkey day 25 in all so far I get elected to do it every year I guess they like the way I do it on the grill. This year I need to do two birds to feed all the hungry mouths. And I get to enjoy the tree longer since I didn't see all my ornaments since January
Larry

Larry
Re: It's Up #5102 11/16/01 01:25 AM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
I put my tree up two weeks ago. Not just for Christmas but just for Harbour Lights ornaments. I got one of those new 2ft fiboroptic trees, just for my Harbour Lights. And I think I may just keep it up all year round. It looks so good on a table between curio cabinets (filled with HL's of course).

Stephanie

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: It's Up #5103 11/17/01 04:03 AM
Medicman Offline
I'll keep in the family tradition and reserve putting up the tree for the Sunday after Thanksgiving like we always do. But of those that already have their trees up.... where's the pics of em....??????

Re: It's Up #5104 11/17/01 02:50 PM
N
Nana Offline
N
The family tradition changed a bit last year. Both our girls are out of the nest.

While they were growing up, we always put the tree together the Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving. Now, one of the girls has the tree (artifical) to use and I bought a very small tree, they all call it a "Branch". But, it is just the right size for two and holds all the HL ornaments. With the added tiny white lights and gold bows it makes a very nice Christmas tree.

Derith

Re: It's Up #5105 11/17/01 03:22 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
If anyone has photos of their trees and isn't sure how to make them show up in the Forums, please email me the image and I'll add it to your post for you.

John

Re: It's Up #5106 11/17/01 11:00 PM
L
lkeasyliving Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
L
I have to take pics first then get them developed but my brother inlaw is coming for turkey day and he has a digital I'll get him to take pics and down load on my comp. and get them up.
Larry

Larry
Re: It's Up #5107 11/18/01 12:19 AM
RezmanDale Offline
Wow, I can't believe you guys already have your trees up. We usually go and cut our tree with my wifes family two weeks after Thanksgiving. I only have a few HL ornaments and they stay in the curio. I wouldn't want anything to happen to them. Let see some pictures!

Dale
|8-{ )

Re: It's Up #5108 11/18/01 07:43 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Forget the tree, the kids all come home for Thanksgiving and it's their job to put up the tree before I feed them!

I just got done putting up the lights on the eaves of the house. My wife talked me into buying something that nobody in the neightborhood had.

Instead of the icicles, that all you have to do is hang them and they look great, she convinced me to buy the new "swag lights". Don't, if you have anything to do with buying them, get the swag lights. Six boxes, containing 3 strings of swag lights each, took me 16 hours to hang last year. They all had to hang down the same amount and they had to end just in the right place, because of the swags, to look good (according to my wife) and the helpful neighborhood wives. Fortunately, last year when I took them down, I marked where the strings began and ended. This year it only took me eight hours to hang them. I think I'll be one of the ones in the nieghboorhood that leaves them up all year after this Christmas.

Remember, NO SWAG LIGHTS if you smart, or if you have any control over your wives at all. This is advice from a tired man. Please, no offense to any of the ladies on the forum but please have pity on your poor husbands or boy friends.

Rich

Rich
Re: It's Up #5109 11/18/01 09:30 PM
R
Rod Watson Offline
Saint
Saint
R
Just put ours up today. Had to replace 300 of the bulbs though. Too much of a pain in the butt trying to find whats wrong with particular strings. Easier to buy new ones. 1200 went on this year. All the Fontaninis and various decorations are about done on the inside. Outside stuff waits for next weekend though. Someday I'll snap a shot.

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 651 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users