Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4951 04/06/09 10:10 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I am making this post here to ensure everyone becomes aware of the poll now going on in the "Voting Booth" Forum. This poll will have a stop time of April 19th at 8 PM EDST. Links for the lighthouses being voted on are included in this post and also inside the poll. You must be a member to vote in this poll so register to become a member before it is too late.

Ashtabula Light - http://www.ashtabulalighthouse.com/

Execution Rocks - http://www.lighthouserestorations.org/

Fort Gratiot - http://phmuseum.org/events.html

Jones Point - http://jonespoint.garoux.net/jones_point_lighthouse.htm

New Canal - http://www.saveourlake.org/AlmarFnd.html

Toledo Harbor - http://www.toledoharborlighthouse.org/restoration.html

"As you may know, we will not be having Wacko Badges this year to help fund lighthouse restorations as we have had for the last several years. We are, however, going to conduct a “fundraiser” in the form of an opportunity drawing with 100% of the funds raised going to lighthouse preservation. Full details will be published when the opportunity drawing begins.

Roland Babineau came up with the fundraiser idea and is providing one of the prizes, plus he has volunteered to coordinate it. Since the effort would be on behalf of the Collector Forums, Roland asked for support from the forum members listed below.

Your committee is comprised of the following Forum members:
Roland Babineau – Fundraiser Coordinator
Paul Brady
John Chidester
Rich Felter
Dave Hannum
Daniel Kirsch

This will be a poll only to pick which lighthouse or lighthouses will be chosen to receive donations from our opportunity drawing. The winner(s) will be chosen by a popular vote from our members. The lighthouses below were nominated by your committee as needing our donations based on their current needs. A link to each light’s web page is included in the poll ".

Rich
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4952 04/07/09 05:34 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Rich, I thought I would add a link to the "Voting Booth" Forum in this thread..

Lighthouse "Fundraiser" Poll

To make it easier for people to jump down and vote on the lighthouse of their choice which will receive the funds from the opportunity drawing.

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4953 04/07/09 06:11 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Loon - You have been really quiet lately, totally unlike you. You always seem to thrive on riddles and challenges so here's a challenge to you and everyone else. I'll bet you can't solve this one. If you do solve it then one of the prizes in the opportunity drawing will be identified: "Your lucky number is thirteen and I don't mean serial number".

I know Loon will need help, so please, everyone join in because the more the merrier!

Rich
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4954 04/08/09 04:35 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I'm still hear looking at what's going on.

I'm working a bit more lately, so my posting has dropped off. Need to make some money to keep my autoship. It would be a shame to have to give it up less than a year after it started.

I still will check in on the CF a couple times a day. More when I'm off.

Nice to see some lighthouse fundraising still part of the CF. I was thinking of offering to fill in for Dave and do the Wacko badges for this year, but work started picking up and I didn't feel I could commit to it. This fundraiser sounds like a better idea anyway.

My two cents would have been to suggest that you included Dennis or Bob S or Bob M or Judy or one of a few other CF lighthousers on the commitee. Would have been a little more diverse, but maybe the commitee is already too large.

Sorry to get off track, but back to the fundraiser:

Rich, as for you hint, the first thing I thought of was National Lighthouse day. The 7th of August and the St. Helena HL piece. Not sure if it's that easy.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4955 04/08/09 06:08 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Not even close! Your going to need plenty of help on this one.

Rich
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4956 04/08/09 08:39 PM
The Cape Cod Store.com Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Just to follow up on the reason the committee is set up as it is. I would have to say that you would have to point the finger at me. The people on the committee are the ones I contacted initially with my idea. They were the people who I thought were the most involved with the workings of this forum, and were the most logical, in my mind, to approach with this idea. I sincerely didn't mean to slight any other member of these forums. I have to honestly say that the original idea and offer I made to the committee members quickly exploded into a grand fundraiser. We honestly still have to tie up a few loose ends, but I think the members of these forums are going to be blown away by the scope of what this has become. So please accept my sincerest apologies if you feel slighted and are not part of the committee. I have the utmost respect for all of you, and would never intentionally cause any grief. So, if anyone has a problem with who is on the committee, please point the finger my way.

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4957 04/08/09 09:06 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Quote:
Originally posted by flacoastie:
Not even close! Your going to need plenty of help on this one.
Strike One !!!!!

Stan M
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4958 04/08/09 09:50 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
There are so many lurkers out there that simply by registering to become a member could get into the vote to select the lighthouse that could end up receiving the largest donation ever when the prizes are announced in the not so distant future. Don't miss out on becoming a member of these Forums and in doing so you can let your vote be counted for the lighthouse of your choice.

Rich
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4959 04/09/09 11:29 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Quote:
I'll bet you can't solve this one. If you do solve it then one of the prizes in the opportunity drawing will be identified: "Your lucky number is seven and I don't mean serial number".
Umpqua River ???

Stan M
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4960 04/09/09 01:06 PM
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Nope!
Sailing, sailing over the bounty main....

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4961 04/09/09 01:41 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Stike 2!

Of course your not getting any help from your fiends, as the Beetles use to say.

Rich
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4962 04/09/09 10:09 PM
WVsister Offline
Wacko
Wacko
I am so new that I don't know the more seasoned members. Who has the number 7 they must be a saint or waco at the least.

Nancy
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4963 04/09/09 10:33 PM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Rich,
that is the "Beatles"
Eric

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4964 04/10/09 05:47 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Well, I never claimed to be a Beetles fan. I lean more towards Neil Diamond and CCR.

Good old Loon is stumped, I can tell. The hint was too hard for him. Here's another hint for you Loon about another one of the gifts! "Something people living in the snow areas do for fun".

Rich
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4965 04/10/09 07:19 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
After 2 strikes on the first hint I decided to choke up on the bat and stop aiming for the fences. If I could just get to first base. Can you tell I'm into baseball season. wink

I take it the second hint has nothing to do with the first.

Stan M
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4966 04/10/09 08:50 PM
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Gonna be a banner year for baseball, glad you're into it. Yeah that was another one, not the first.

Roland Babineau
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4967 04/10/09 09:25 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Loon - Your stumped on the first prize so I'm going to give you a 2nd chance. The second hint is for another prize. Betcha won't get it or come even close.

Rich
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4968 04/11/09 12:52 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Loon - Not only did I give you a clue to a second prize(which is correct), I must change the clue to the first prize I gave you(which is incorrect). The correct clue to the first prize is""Your lucky number is thirteen and I don't mean serial number".

Something for everyone to think about over the weekend.

Rich
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4969 04/11/09 02:49 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Quote:
Loon - Not only did I give you a clue to a second prize(which is correct), I must change the clue to the first prize I gave you(which is incorrect). The correct clue to the first prize is""Your lucky number is thirteen and I don't mean serial number".

Something for everyone to think about over the weekend.
Ahhh haaaa !!!!! Throwing us a curve are ya !!!

Stan M
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4970 04/11/09 03:01 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
It was my bad, Loon, I guess that's probably another clue!

Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4971 04/14/09 09:27 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Absolutely no guesses except by Loon! It's really amazing that all you lighthouse fanatics out there are afraid to even venture a guess.

Rich
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4972 04/14/09 10:51 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I would venture that many don't care to guess, or they not interested in the fundraiser.

I haven't had the time to give the clues much thought the last couple days, but I hope someone else would give it a few shots until I had a few moments.

Stan M
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4973 04/15/09 12:48 AM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Interested in the fund raiser, but have no clue to the answer.

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4974 04/15/09 02:01 AM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Quote:
Interested in the fund raiser, but have no clue to the answer.
Ditto here!!!

Sorry but I didn't understand the question and the clues don't make any sence to me! confused

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4975 04/15/09 09:00 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
We made the clues hard so you couldn't guess them. What's the fun of a surprise, and you will be surprised with the prizes, if you guess them ahead of time.

Rich
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4976 04/15/09 09:47 AM
wvlights0 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Kind of a catch 22. I've been watching the clues also and looking forward to the fund raiser. But I have no guesses.

Laura
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4977 04/15/09 10:41 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
So Rich, why are you disapointed in the lack of guessing if you don't want us to guess them ???

Eric, Stephanie, Laura, or anybody, take a shot even if you think it's a longshot. Maybe we'll get a "Your getting hotter" or something from the CF bosses. Doesn't look like they'll tell us ahead of time, but you can say you guessed it right.

Stan M
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4978 04/15/09 10:16 PM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Old Cape Henry

Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4979 04/16/09 12:34 AM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Eric - Wrong, but thanks for giving it a shot.

I've thought about the clue giving to identify some of the fundraiser prizes and have determined that most members may not like a guessing game. I appologize if I have upset anyone and will stop encouraging members to make guesses.

Also, stay tuned for the announcement of the winning lighthouse Sunday evening or you may view it yourself in the Voting Booth Sunday after 8 PM EDST. Hopefully, in a few days after the winning lighthouse has been announced, we will begin to share the list of prizes and other fundraising details with you."

Rich
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4980 04/16/09 08:08 PM
Cyndi Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I love guessing games, but have not had a chance to get to the computer for several days.

I am also very interested in the fund raising.

Cyndi
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4981 04/16/09 10:48 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
No doubt that when the poll closes, a majority of those who voted will have chosen a lighthouse OTHER THAN the winner.

The odds that one of the six will gain 50%+ 1 vote from among all the votes cast are pretty long.

Whether the lighthouse you voted for or not the most important thing. You'll LOVE the prize list!

And the structure of the opportunity drawing means that the more tickets sold, the more prizes come into play and the more winners there will be. And the more money will go to a lighthouse in need.

Even in these uncertain economic times, you'll be able to get into the drawing with just $5. Of course the more opportunities you buy, the greater your chances.

And, of course, if you don't play, you can't win.

100% of the money spent by you and other opportunity players will go to a lighthouse for restoration and operation.

Look for us to pitch the drawing to as many lighthouse enthusiasts as we can.

Stay tuned...

Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4982 04/16/09 11:01 PM
Cyndi Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
We would all like to see our lighthouse be chosen as the winner. Even if the one I chose is not the winner, the money will be going to help a lighthouse, and since there are so many that need help, I'd be happy to made a donation to help any of them.

Cyndi
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4983 04/17/09 07:34 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Only a little over 48 hours left to vote (at the time I posted this)..
Vote in the Poll

Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4984 04/18/09 07:49 PM
Bill and Judy Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I too am confused about the queston but the clues make me think of Florida--shaped like the number 7 and where the snow birds go for fun. Actually I don't really know what the clues are for!

Judy

Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4985 04/18/09 08:32 PM
flacoastie Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Judy - Actually I had pulled a blooper. The number was supposed to be thirteen instead of seven. I corrected my post about 2 weeks ago.

Rich
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4986 04/18/09 10:54 PM
wvlights0 Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
This time tomorrow we will know which lighthouse will benefit!

Laura
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4987 04/19/09 11:24 AM
Cyndi Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I can't figure out the clues either.

Cyndi
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4988 04/19/09 12:50 PM
WVsister Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Hours remain...

Nancy
Re: Lighthouse Fundraiser Poll #4989 04/19/09 12:57 PM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I haven't had much time to work on the first clue since it was corrected.

Stan M

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,305 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users