Next Thread
Print Thread
Passing #4931 12/05/03 02:54 AM
PFC Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
We are sorry to report the passing of Scott Brimblecombe

For those of you active in the Harbour Lights community of collectors, and ALF, you probably knew him.

He was a big time Harbour Lights collector and never missed an autographing signing and he had in his collection probably every Harbour Lights with the exception of one or two replicas. His vacations were all spent in Maine and he and his family spent many hours here in Wells. He was a genuinely nice young man and liked by all who met him.

Not only was his passion lighthouses, he was also active in his church and other community activities and his goodness and gentle kindness touched many people.

Sympathy cards can be sent to the

Brimblecombe Family

413 East Cobble Hill Road

Barre, VT 05641

His mother called and requested that in lieu of flowers, because of his passion for lighthouses, that donations be made in his name to the

American Lighthouse Foundation.

P.O. Box 889

Wells, ME 04090

She has also included that information in the newspaper obituary for him.

Even if you didn’t know him, a sympathy card simply signed from “a fellow lover of lighthouses” would be a nice gesture for the family.

Scott will be missed by us all.

Tim Harrison
President
American Lighthouse Foundation

www.LighthouseFoundation.org

Help Save Our Lighthouses!

Become a part of the
American Lighthouse Foundation
P.O. Box 565
Rockland, Maine 04841

207 594-4174

www.lighthousefoundation.org
Re: Passing #4932 12/05/03 05:12 PM
M
mainecoastline Offline
M
I just wanted to say that Scott will be missed dearly by my wife Rhonda and I.

He was a true friend and a great person and news of his passing last night was hard to imagine. Scott always had a smile on his face and a great sense of humor through all the pain he endured.

Rhonda and I first met Scott at the Harbour Lights Baltimore Reunion in October 2001. He sat at our table and we were instantly drawn to his smile and friendliness.

We again met up with Scott at the Northeast Regional in April 2002 in New Jersey where he and Rhonda both won a gold piece. It was great to see how surprised and happy Scott was to have won the lighthouse that afternoon.

http://www.nell.cc/Archives/winningthegold.htm (Please read Scott's article from the attached website)

Our hearts go out to Scott's family and friends who truly knew that Scott was a great person to know. We were sorry it was only a short time we knew him, but we are happy to have had the privilege.

There will always be a light on for you at a lighthouse somewhere in the world as you truly shined in our lives.

Scott, we will never forget you and your friendship...

Re: Passing #4933 12/09/03 06:26 PM
Roxie Offline
I didn't know him, but after reading the story that he wrote for NELL, he seemed like a great guy. The enthusiasm for lighthouses shined through. My condolences.

Marblehead, Mass. Lighthouse, you will always have a very special place in our hearts. ....We've made the journey as far south as New Jersey, as far north as Canada. Over 100 lighthouses visited.... and so many more to go.

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (DANIEL, Rock), 1,573 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users