Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Washington Lightkeepers Forum #45304 04/22/05 07:47 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Continuing the test of private forums for specific clubs.

Please visit the Washington Lightkeepers Association forum under the 'Club Forums' category.

You should be asked for a password. use the password 'evergreen'. (Unless you are a SAINT)

Make a few posts. I'll erase ALL the posts made after a few days and change the password.

Please post in THIS THREAD what you think about the idea of setting up specific forums for clubs. ALL who view or post in these private forums would have to register at the Collector Forums -- which should increase our membership, although not necessarily postings elsewhere in the CF.

Re: Washington Lightkeepers Forum #45305 04/22/05 09:21 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Here's what I feel. I think it's a great idea for clubs to have their own forums. It could be a good place for them to communicate club info, especially if they are smaller and don't have a website.

However, I do feel opposed to the idea of these forums being private. I think that that inhibits the general mindset of lighthouse communities being open to all. Plus, if this were the club's only online outlet, then I wouldn't want it to be closed to non-club members.

I feel that it's a great idea to give clubs their own forums. I know that if I ever form Tri-State Lighthousers, a trip-oriented club for people in the NYC metro area, then I would definitely want us to have a CF outlet. But I would also want our forum open to all members of the CF. I feel that the same results can be had by clubs with a public forum. As you said before John (and not meaning to be obnoxious by quoting, but rather to repeat something that I think really describes the CF as a whole), "All for One and One for All."

That's the end of my solicited true opinion.

Re: Washington Lightkeepers Forum #45306 04/22/05 09:25 PM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Thanks for your opinion, Greg. I'm still inclined to provide clubs with a private forum.

AND I'd provide a public forum that would allow clubs to post questions and share information about club organization, meeting ideas, etc. That would be open to all CF members.

Each Forum would have a moderator from the club.

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,132 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users