Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Remember to set clocks BACK ONE HOUR TONIGHT! #447 10/28/00 04:42 PM
bright eyes Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Daylight Savings Time Ends Tonight! (Early tomorrow morning 2:00 a.m.) We can get the one hour back that we donated to more daylight last April 2000!
If more sleep or more party time is desired this is THE NIGHT! Enjoy!

P.S. Which states do NOT participate?

Re: Remember to set clocks BACK ONE HOUR TONIGHT! #448 10/28/00 05:45 PM
Beaconfollower Offline
Thanks for the reminder, Bright Eyes. Would you believe that my husband has already set have of the clocks back already. Makes you wonder about some people..LOL Gee I don't know about what states don't turn their clocks back. I know I have heard of this before but now you've got me thinking.

Sheryl

Sheryl
Baroness of Beacons
Re: Remember to set clocks BACK ONE HOUR TONIGHT! #449 10/28/00 06:30 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Not here in Arizona - we have enough daylight year round that we don't need to save any of it.

Well except for the Navajo Nation where they do choose to recognize Daylight Savings Time.

Re: Remember to set clocks BACK ONE HOUR TONIGHT! #450 10/28/00 09:18 PM
RRohweder Offline
If I set my clock back two hours, will I save twice as much daylight as everyone else?

Rich

ps: And on behalf of Fireman Todd, don't forget to check the smoke detector batteries!

------------------

[This message has been edited by RRohweder (edited 10-28-2000).]

Re: Remember to set clocks BACK ONE HOUR TONIGHT! #451 10/28/00 09:32 PM
Lorie Roe Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
My sister used to live in Hawaii and they did not go on daylight savings time. I think that is still the case today.

Re: Remember to set clocks BACK ONE HOUR TONIGHT! #452 10/28/00 10:50 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Yes it is the case and we don't change here in Indy, either.

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Remember to set clocks BACK ONE HOUR TONIGHT! #453 10/28/00 10:55 PM
J
JTimothyA Offline
Saint
Saint
J
"Daylight Saving Time, for the U.S. and its territories, is NOT observed in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Eastern Time Zone portion of the State of Indiana, and the state of Arizona (not the Navajo Indian Reservation, which DOES observe). Navajo Nation participates in the Daylight Saving Time policy, due to its large size and location in three states."

This and more (maybe than you'll need to know) at: Daylight Savings Time

The time for just about anywhere is available at the World Time Server.

For you Palm P...ht Savings Hack

Kiddies confused about time changes? Check this page from Alaska Parenting

And there are several pages for our collector buddies in the great Hoosier state. Here What time is it in Indiana? , here the answer is it Depends and here you can find out What time is it in Indianapolis?

And of course Time Zone Activism is alive and well at Two Zones Are Enough!

The last word is courtesy of the United States Naval Observatory Master Clock - the Official Source of Time for the Department of Defense, whose Time Ball reminds us that the Third Millennium technically starts on January 1, 2001.

Slippin, slippin, slippin into the Future,
Your friends on Planet Fresnel
[This message has been edited by JTimothyA (edited 10-28-2000).]

Re: Remember to set clocks BACK ONE HOUR TONIGHT! #454 10/29/00 12:36 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
The clocks will go back one hour in Massachusetts. I'm glad I have tomorrow off. My men working the mid shift are stuck working nine hours for eight hours pay. This has been brought to the union in the past but it remains the same. I say, "Make it up on the other end, kid."

Bob

Re: Remember to set clocks BACK ONE HOUR TONIGHT! #455 10/29/00 11:39 PM
Todd Shorkey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
We have the same arguement at the fire department each year Bob.

For the men who work a normal 24 hour shift, it becomes a 25 hour shift for 24 hours of pay. Some guys always want another hour of pay. In the spring however, when we work 23 hours for 24 hours of pay, not too many volunteer to give the City back that hour of pay they got for free....

-Todd

Re: Remember to set clocks BACK ONE HOUR TONIGHT! #456 10/30/00 12:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
About a week back I was listening to a WLS talk show and the topic of the hour was the pros and cons of daylight savings time, during the 20 minutes or so I listened 3 different people called in and said they had heard that originally daylight savings time was to give the farmers more sunlight to help grow better crops, not one of them laughed or chuckled just continued on with their thoughts on DST.
I know over at the Fog Signal Building that Tim and I used the extra hour each day to store extra electricity from our solar panels, we also got a good bargain on the solar panels by buying the daylight model and not the 24 hour model
And by the way, this weekend Tim opened the FSB olympic pool/water storage/skating rink to the public for open skating now that we have enough ice to skate. And Tim is all ready checking licenses for those ice fishing.

Re: Remember to set clocks BACK ONE HOUR TONIGHT! #457 10/30/00 12:17 AM
Torchbearer Offline
Bob, Todd... you could be on straight salary such as myself. A problem requiring my attention cropped up this morning keeping me away from home for 3 hours. Lately, my 40 hour weeks have turned into 60, but my paycheck, well, you know. Regarding Daylight Savings Time, I personally wish they would keep it that way. It gets too dark, too early this time of year. IMHO

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...

Re: Remember to set clocks BACK ONE HOUR TONIGHT! #458 11/02/00 06:49 AM
chris g Offline
Wacko
Wacko
I really enjoyed my extra hour this year. I work nights and often have to work on that night, so instead of the extra hour of sleep, I get an extra hour of work! Yes, I do get paid for it, but it sure does make for a VERY LONG NIGHT! Loved the extra hour of sleep!

chris g

Chris G

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,293 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users