Print Thread
does any one else feel left out #4456 10/01/01 11:10 PM
O
oseabee Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
O
The last Few days I have seen the forums change and any one not attending the reunion is kind of left out.The forums seem to be for people attending.I know my level of expectancy was really built up and then when it came time to go I really felt a big letdown.Iknow there will be another one as well as other things to look forward to but having the forums all Baltimore is disheartingI do not begrudge any one going the good time they should have and when I can get things going again again I will feel better but it seems so far away till I get started again now you have heard my blues I will get off.Bill O'Brien

oseabee
Bill O'Brien
Re: does any one else feel left out #4457 10/01/01 11:31 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Oh Bill, I know how much you were looking forward to attending the reunion and am sorry that I won't be meeting you this time. I think it's just quiet here in the forums because lots of folks have already left. And face it, besides the reunion, there just isn't a whole lot happening right now. Hang in there Bill. I'm sure things will pick up before long.

Re: does any one else feel left out #4458 10/02/01 12:22 AM
Larry Offline
I'm with you Bill. I know you can't go, but hey, I'm thirty miles away from the reunion and I'm stuck here at my computer too! I know I haven't been around here long, but boy, you are right, the excitement was built up, and now I feel kind of let down.

Hopefully John and others will start posting highlights of their adventures. I've really enjoyed Paul's trip. It was nice to see the pitures of their stop at Concord Point, just 15 miles from my house, and about 3 block from the hospital where I was born.

Re: does any one else feel left out #4459 10/02/01 08:01 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Hi Bill and Larry, ... The action will never stop at the Collector Forums. It is unfortunate that you can't attend the reunion and I would have liked to have met both of you in person.

The majority of the folks attending the reunion are not registered members of the CF. Many of the attendees probably don't even have an Internet connection. They've missed a lot of the reunion hype that has been going on here for over a year. You guys have lived through the hype that gets higher as the reunion dates approach.

I feel very fortunate to have gotten reservations for the reunion. I must have dialed (pushed the buttons) at least 700 times before I got through.

At least you will be able to experience some of the excitement of the reunion via the Internet. The HL Collectors without computers will never know exactly what went on.

Bob

Re: does any one else feel left out #4460 10/02/01 01:52 PM
Shirin Offline
I feel your pain too Bill. I wasn't a collector until January of this year. And it just kills me that everyone will be in Baltimore. I grew up only minutes away and it would be nice to be able to go back home for a few days.
I did manage to sneek in a one day trip yesterday to see some of the lights on the Chesapeake Bay with a few other collectors. But that will fall very short of being there the rest of the week.

shirin

Shirin
Re: does any one else feel left out #4461 10/02/01 03:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bill(and to rest not going), I`ll be spending my week working and wishing I was there. I`m sure there are those like us every reunion.

terry

Re: does any one else feel left out #4462 10/02/01 03:27 PM
Torchbearer Offline
Bill... I totally understand what you are going through. I was just online sending e-mail to my wife and decided to check the CF. It's been awhile since I have done so. I too was going to the reunion, but my plans quickly changed after the attack on the World Trade Center. When the WTC twin towers came down, 10 television and 5 radio stations went off the air. As a broadcast/audio engineer, myself and a team of others have come to NYC on a volunteer basis to help get these stations back on the air temporarily at low power. In any case, I too will miss being at the reunion, which would have been my first. I look forward to seeing some photos here of the reunion... as time permits that is. Hang in there bud!

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...

Re: does any one else feel left out #4463 10/02/01 05:03 PM
B
Buz Dean Offline
B
Bill,
It is not to hard for me to imagine what you are feeling. I have had to miss several of the trips TBHLCC has made recently. I really wanted to go but couldn't leave CeCe & Rand behind. I know you where looking forward to Baltimore and know that things will pick up when all get back. I also appoligize to you and those who are not attending the reunion for not posting anywhere but in the reunion page. that was inconsiderate of me.
As it is close to the end of the school day for Rand and I'm leaving tomarrow (that reunion thing) I can not make it up to you all know but promise to post at least 2ce a week when I get back. I'll even learn how to put pictures on here by then.
Bill, you mean a lot to the TBHLCC and we will miss you in Baltimore. Take care and see you in November.

------------------

Re: does any one else feel left out #4464 10/02/01 09:33 PM
O
oseabee Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
O
Rec;d my digest today so that will give me somethimg to keep me busy.Bill O'Brien

oseabee
Bill O'Brien
Re: does any one else feel left out #4465 10/05/01 10:37 AM
CarolZ Offline
You know...I didn't think it would bother me that much not going to Baltimore but now that I see the pictures of everyone having such a great time, I feel very much left out. I'm sure for you Bill it must be much worse since you were supposed to go and then became ill. Next reunion, I'm there!!!

Re: does any one else feel left out #4466 10/05/01 05:42 PM
Pharologst Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I'm still holding down the fort in NC.

------------------

[This message has been edited by pharologst (edited 10-05-2001).]

Geo H.
Re: does any one else feel left out #4467 10/05/01 09:14 PM
Todd Shorkey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hi Bill,

I know how you are feeling. Marla and I had spots reserved for the reunion, but due to medical, family, and financial concerns that cropped up at home, we had to cancel our spots. While it was very hard for us to do as it would have been our first reunion, home concerns and family became the greater priority.

It is hard to sit here knowing the friends I have made over the years are off at the reunion while I am here at home, but it doesn't change the fact the we are still a big family here at the forums, and I will enjoy the reunion through them via the internet!

So to my friends at the reunion, have a drink for us. We hope you are all having a great time!

-Todd

Re: does any one else feel left out #4468 10/05/01 09:26 PM
Beaconfollower Offline
Yes I understand. I didn't hear about the registration till it was too late. I do wish I was there, but with working 2 jobs till my daughter is out of college next May, it was probably for the best I did not get to go. I'm sure there will be all kinds of photo's and stories on the CF, so we will just have to live the reunion through them. I'm glad they all went considering all that has happened in the last month. I know the forum is slow right now, but there is alot to look forward too! SO CHIN UP and smile
there will be another time.

Sheryl

Sheryl
Baroness of Beacons
Re: does any one else feel left out #4469 10/05/01 09:37 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Todd,

I sorta know how you feel.

My wife and I were planning on going, put our deposit in and then our daughter told us she was going to be Graduating on time.

I hada choice - go to the Graduation or go to the reunion and find another place to live.

I choose the Graduation. I like where I live.

life goes on. I got a small taste on Sunday at Concord point and Wednesday at Sandy Hook. I got to meet many of the denizens of the Forums.

Maybe next time.

Dennis

Re: does any one else feel left out #4470 10/06/01 01:18 AM
O
oseabee Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
O
I may have over stated things but to have the rug pulled out from under you so to speak after looking forward to it fpr almost a year.Many of you others that are not going for one reason or another can get up and do things that I cant. still just reading your postings does help and I am looking for the next one .my DR. told me if it were 2 or 3 weeks later he would say go ahead but now I'm looking for other things to do and looking to what I can do all I can say at this point is thanks for being there when I needed you all.Such a great bunch of wacko's there never was a greater group.you all make life worth living.BillO'Brien

oseabee
Bill O'Brien
Re: does any one else feel left out #4471 10/06/01 07:50 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Bill,

I apologize. I did not intend to compare my reason for not going to yours.

There is a sense of Deja Vu to all of this hoopla- last year about this time the whole process got started and for weeks after that the forums were all about did you or did you not get a spot, was the process fair, etc.

Things will get back to normal- if that describes the nature of this beast at any time- sometime in November.

I hope you are feeling better every day.

I'm just waiting for the posts about the festivities- if you can't be there at least we can hear all about it.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by wheland (edited 10-06-2001).]

Re: does any one else feel left out #4472 10/08/01 07:08 PM
Randy Kremer Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Bill and Dennis,
We all had a great time and wished we could have met you both! Many of us were at Sandy Hook on Wednesday. I wish I knew you were there Dennis, I would have liked to been able to meet you there. It is a beautiful light! Our guide was very informative, but unfortunately our time was limited and only a few of us got to climb the light. I was lucky to be one of them! Hopefully we can all get together in the future!

[This message has been edited by Randy Kremer (edited 10-08-2001).]

Re: does any one else feel left out #4473 10/08/01 11:47 PM
O
oseabee Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
O
Sounds like you all had a great time I am glad for you all.That you had a good time there but who could not with Harbour Lights and Bill Younger running things. Welcome back all you great people.Bill O'Brien

[This message has been edited by oseabee (edited 10-08-2001).]

oseabee
Bill O'Brien
Re: does any one else feel left out #4474 10/09/01 01:31 AM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Randy,

I spent a good bit of the time inside helping stamp the Passports and getting replacement stock out for those crazed visitors we had.

You cleaned us out of some items in the first busload.

If you were on the second bus i was the guy who came in just before it left to try and find Sean Thompson.

There were so many people I wanted to talk to that I missed by being in the wrong place at the right time.

Maybe next time.

Dennis

Re: does any one else feel left out #4475 10/09/01 11:52 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
I've been back from Baltimore only a few minutes and haven't had time to read through this whole thread, but I do know I owe all:

A Huge Apology

My best intentions just couldn't happen. I pre-arranged to borrow a laptop and brought along my USB hard drive with all the necessary forums and software saved to it.

Unfortunately, I didn't know that the USB drive with formatting under Win2000 Pro could not be read by a PC with Win98 running. That prevented my updating the Harbour Lights web site with periodic information. I also couldn't get email while gone for these 10 days.

Again, my apologies to all for not being able to keep you informed on the Reunion.

My first task Wednesday will be to begin the report on the event. Paul and I will be putting together our pictures and giving you all a report.

My first reaction is that it was a GREAT event.

John
[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 10-09-2001).]

Re: does any one else feel left out #4476 10/10/01 12:24 AM
O
oseabee Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
O
I am glad you enjoyed yourself John and I will enjoy seeing pix of everyone having fun I understand from the postings that the Youngers pulled out all the stops so you could have a great time.I will be seeing Bill at Tampa next month.Tell Paul I hope he took time out from taking pix to have a good time too.Bill O'Brien

oseabee
Bill O'Brien
Re: does any one else feel left out #4477 10/10/01 12:09 PM
Torchbearer Offline
No apologies needed John. It's good to see you back!

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...

Re: does any one else feel left out #4478 10/10/01 02:16 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Not one of the lights seen on Harbour Lights boat tour, but one I had the pleasure to see with Karen & Mike Power and Sean & Liz Thompson on Tuesday the 2nd:

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 10-10-2001).]

Re: does any one else feel left out #4479 10/11/01 10:30 AM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
Bill you were there in our minds and spirit. You were mentioned often!
- Bob

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: does any one else feel left out #4480 10/11/01 12:06 PM
O
oseabee Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
O
Looks like I really started something with this posting. I am getting back in the swing going to the F.L.A. meeting this weekend.Bill O'Brien

oseabee
Bill O'Brien
Re: does any one else feel left out #4481 10/11/01 12:32 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Hi Bill, ... I'm sure the folks from Florida that attended the reunion will fill you in on what happend in Baltimore. It was another fantastic Harbour Lights production!

Bob

[This message has been edited by Bob M (edited 10-11-2001).]

Re: does any one else feel left out #4482 10/11/01 03:21 PM
MrsTLC Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Believe me Bill...you were in all our thoughts...I was one of those WACKO's really looking forward to meeting you in Baltimore...I was lucky enough however to be "OSEABEE" for a whole day...I'm sure Nana will explain this when she see's you...

Ruthie

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: does any one else feel left out #4483 10/12/01 07:07 PM
L
lightbear Offline
L
Bill,
We were all sorry that you couldn't be with us at the reunion. I don't know whether or not Paul had fun, but he sure gave us a fun time on the bus tours and, by the end of the 4th tour, he had become an expert head counter.

Marilyn

Moderated by  rscroope 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,425 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users