Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
testing #43884 06/29/99 03:15 AM
P
Pam Baggett Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I am brand new. I have no clue as to what I am doing. I just want to get into this forum, learn what to do and make new friends that have the same love and interest in lighthouses that I have.

Pam B.
Re: testing #43885 06/29/99 10:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Pam,
Boy howdy, were you up late posting your first message! It came thru well. Now you off and typing. You will become addicted and then you will become a Wacko. But we already know that, don't we, friend? WELCOME !!!
Derith

Re: testing #43886 06/29/99 11:06 AM
P
Pam Baggett Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Hello Derith
How did you find me so quickly, I wasn't in any regular forum.
I AM SO CONFUSED!!!AND SO AMAZED!!!
I have no idea if I am doing this right. What do I do next? I have been just clicking and typing and using the process of elimination to get here. Evidently I got registed and have figured out some of it but I have so much to learn. Please help. How do I find you and others in main forums?

------------------
Pam B.

Pam B.
Re: testing #43887 06/29/99 12:35 PM
L
lkeasyliving Offline
Wacko
Wacko
L
PAM
DON'T YOU SLEEP 1:00 AM NOW 9:00 YOU MUST BE A NIGHT OWL THIS IS JUST A GOOD SITE FIND OUT ABOUT A LOT OF THINGS TO DO AND WHAT TO SEE ON VAC. I LEAVE FOR SEATTLE IN A COUPLE HOURS TO SEE LIGHTS AND KATHY (MY WIFES) FAIMLY I WILL USE ARTS IMFO FROM HIS TRIP
YES ART I HAVE IT ALL PRINTED OUT AND HIGHTLED OF WHAT TO SEE AND DO WILL LET FORUM KNOW HOW IT WENT WHEN GET BACK. WELL ANY WAY PAM JUST KEEP PLAYING AROUND AND YOU WILL CATCH ON I'M STILL LEARNING NEW THINGS ON THIS SITE
GOOD LUCK
LARRY

Larry
Re: testing #43888 06/29/99 01:36 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Welcome Pam!

You're started off on the right foot! And you've just made a bunch of new collector-friends.

The starting page of the Forums list all the main topics for posting. You can see the date of the last posting for each Forum. And you should see a small photo next to each forum that shows Point Arena lighthouse either dark or with a 'flash' of light. The flash indicates that forum has contents that are new since your last visit.

Within each Forum are 'Threads' of messages and each message is a 'post'. Threads are supposed to be about a specific topic, although they sometimes get astray.

Under the large picture at the top of the page, you'll see "search today's posts" (not the right words, but I can't see it right now) If you click on that, you'll see a list of forums that have had posts added today.

Note that when you click on each Forum name, you'll then have a choice to "Show Topics From Last 30 days". Click on that and you can choose a shorter or longer period of time. There are now well over 10,000 messages, so you may want to set the time period to a longer one if you are new. If you click on "PROFILE", you can set what time period will be for you. And you can change your password.

Also note the "search" choice at the top of each page. This will allow you to find a reference or other posts by a specific individual. It's always best to search to see if a question has already been asked and answered before posting a question. Use 'keywords' in your search.

Enjoy and "Welcome" Again!

John

Re: testing #43889 06/29/99 09:31 PM
I
Indygo Offline
I
Hi Pam,I am also new glad to meet you.

Re: testing #43890 06/30/99 12:24 AM
J
Joanne Offline
J
Welcome Pam and congratulations on finding the best website on the internet. I hope you have lots of fun.

Joanne

Re: testing #43891 06/30/99 12:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi fellow keepers,

I met Pam several years ago in Clarksville, TN at Camera World. She and I struck up a conversation right away about HL. I encouraged her to speak to John, Bill and Kim at Rosemont and she did. Because Kim persuaded Pam's boss, they went out to the Grosse Point gathering and guess what, Pam was one of the ones who climbed the 141 steps. Now that is one great way to be welcomed into the HL family. You will love it here, Pam.
Derith

[This message has been edited by Derith Bennett (edited 06-29-99).]

Re: testing #43892 06/30/99 10:13 PM
Digger Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
DigDigDigDigDigHiDigDigDigPamDigDigDigFromDigDigTheDigDigLandDigDigDownDigDigUnderDigCLANG! (sorry hit a rock)

Digger

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,191 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users