Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Adding Pictures #43388 07/11/08 12:10 AM
AZpharologist Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
I am finally going to speak up. I have many fine lighthouse pictures from my travels that I would like to share, but until we come up with an easier method of posting picture, I will not. I am not a computer nerd and am 75 years old. The current method is beyond my computer knowledge. I apologize if I have step on somebody's toes. Art anger

Re: Adding Pictures #43389 07/11/08 11:06 AM
Dave H Online
Saint
Saint
I moved this topic to this forum, the appropriate place for it to appear.

Sorry that you don't feel capable of sharing your images, Art. The system in place does work, but some choose to make it more complicated than it has to be. The only thing you have to be able to do is resize the image - we don't provide a capability to do that. Just about every camera, scanner and printer sold comes with software to do this. In a previous discussion, I believe it was Greg who shared the Picassa software. While not perfect, it does provide a simple and free resource to resize images. Its only real fault is that it does not allow for keeping the same size ratio if you don't use their "canned" size choices.

Once resized, it is a simple matter of using the upload facility we have provided to upload images. We have had a number of discussions about doing this, along with very detailed instructions from both John and me. When I have noticed someone having problems, I have helped them get on the right track.

Displaying the image isn't that difficult, again using the instructions we have provided in several other discussions.

We have in the past suggested that if people know of a better solution, a "one stop shopping" kind of solution, they are more than welcome (and encouraged) to share with us that solution. To date we have had no takers though we have several who say they use such a facility at another site. I again renew this offer: SHOW US A BETTER SET-UP AND WE WILL LOOK INTO IT.

In the meantime, you don't have to be a computer nerd to share pictures, just able to follow instructions. Plenty of folks have been able to figure it out, with or without our help.

Sorry if I step on anyone's toes. That's just life in the computer world.

Re: Adding Pictures #43390 07/11/08 12:27 PM
D
ddaniels Offline
Wacko
Wacko
D
"PIXresizer" is a handy freeware program that is versatile, easy to use, and allows you to maintain aspect ratio.

Dave

Re: Adding Pictures #43391 07/11/08 04:54 PM
JJ Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
One way that I have found to make it easier to post pictures here is to give the file a very simple name when you resize and save it. Rather than using the long file name from your own files, just give it a real short title.

Re: Adding Pictures #43392 07/13/08 12:44 AM
AZpharologist Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
I guess I meant to create a wave. When I want to sent a picture by E-mail I just use the attach command. When I want to add a picture to a powerpoint progam I use insert command. To add a picture to the Collectors forum, I have to resize, put it in local file, sent it to some offline site, and then add it to the forum using some convoluted procedure. Tell me this is simple! I cannot recommend a different method because I am not a computer expert. I will use the folowing procedures from now on, when I have pictures from a trip I will so announce and if you want to see then send me an E-Mail and I will forward the pictures by E-mail to those to want to see them Art smile .

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,338 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users