Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Java Related Printing Problems? #43293 07/14/98 09:41 AM
Webmaster Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing printing problems with pages from this site. Especially the "Weekly Briefing Page". I'm trying to narrow down some frequent crashes due to a "Spooler.exe" error. I'm using Windows 95, MS IE4.0, and printing on an ethernet to an HP5si postscript printer.

Sometimes the pages print OK, sometimes only the first page prints. Sometimes the buttons print, sometimes they look like TV static. The crash requires re-booting.

On another PC (Windows 98 and MSIE4.0), I'm printing via parallel port to an Epson 800 Sylus with no problem and the Java buttons print fine.

Another question: Should I do away with the "Glowing" java buttons in favor of more traditional navigation buttons? Since there's no other reason for using Java except those buttons, is it worth the problems a few site visitors have related (crashes and inability to see the buttons)?

JOhn

Re: Java Related Printing Problems? #43294 07/14/98 08:00 PM
Todd Shorkey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
I know most people will disagree with me on this, but I wouldn't mind going back to the traditional navigation buttons.

Using the antiquated software that I am, My computer will not support Java. The most used locations, I have the address memorized, so the missing Java buttons are currently no big deal.

My only problems is that I cannot chat on my home computer, on the computer at work allows me to chat. I guess it is time to upgrade, and put off buying another HL. (What am I saying?!!!!)

Re: Java Related Printing Problems? #43295 07/14/98 09:55 PM
LamarB Offline
Well, I agree with you Todd. I have a semi-antiquated PC at the office that won't run a java-capable browser (actually, it's an antiquated video driver problem). I bookmarked all my favorite locations from home then exported them to the office since I can't see the navigation buttons. I vote for doing away with Java. The buttons are kuhl and all that but it seems the problems may outweigh the benefits.

St. John, I've never had a problem printing pages from this web site, and I do so fairly frequently. Between home and office I use Netscape Navigator and Communicator, HP OfficeJet, HP LaserJet IIISi, networked and not networked.

Love those lighthouse icons showing the status of threads. VERRRY kuhl.

Lamar

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,415 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users