Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bone to pick #42564 06/07/09 01:21 PM
sandy Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
I generally either let things slide or back off entirely, so voicing my unsolicited opinion is not the norm for me. If I'm opening a Pandora's box, sobeit. Maybe it's the downturn in the economy that's prompted people to be so contentious, maybe it's deliberate to get some discussion going on what's been an otherwise quiet couple of months. Whatever it is, it's pushing me away. There's enough negativity in the world in general. Why is it filtering here? Before I back off entirely, I'm giving myself a chance to stay. I really enjoy these forums, I really don't want to move away. However, I really hope the rabble-rousers (sp.?) get a life and change their spots.

Removing the link to Harbour Lights, knowing how many CF sculptures remain, etc.--are these really so important that we waste time expounding on them? If you're p*!?ed about something, take it directly to the source. Maybe the source has viable reasons to do whatever s/he is doing; maybe those reasons are not for general consumption. Maybe it's nobody's business.

I'm off to my gardening--each weed I pull is the hair on somebody's head. If your scalp hurts today, blame it on me--don't start a poll!

Sandy anger anger anger

Re: Bone to pick #42565 06/08/09 12:24 AM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
No need for you to ever leave the forum.
Or feel uncomfortable anymore.
I am resigning from the Forum.

Good Bye

DANIEL
Re: Bone to pick #42566 06/08/09 01:20 PM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Daniel,

PLEASE DON'T.

bobo

Re: Bone to pick #42567 06/09/09 08:05 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
I hate to see anyone check-out of the CF on a permanent basis. You really need to have "thick skin" in this world to survive. Phrases like "Don't bite off your nose to spite your face", and "Don't burn your bridges behind you" come to mind.

I don't want to see Daniel leave. All are welcome at the CF as long as they follow the guidelines which are subject to interpretation. When a person's posts are misinterpretated all hell can break loose. I say "No blood, no foul".

I also feel Daniel should speak up right away through posting why he has a few words of encouragement from other CF members. Support will fade in the near future making it next to impossible to return.

How about Daniel? You coming back? I'll bet dollars to donuts that you are still reading everything posted here.

Bob

Re: Bone to pick #42568 06/09/09 12:59 PM
rscroope Offline
Saint
Saint
I always love the threat of "I'm taking my ball and going home." This Forum thrives on differing opinions. But there is no room for threats. As with everything, you are not going to always get you way. Life is a compromise. Love the input, hate the drama. Was this an issue to really to pick a fight about?
just my opinion,
Bob

LONG ISLAND BOB
Re: Bone to pick #42569 06/09/09 01:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stand your ground. If someone has something to say, fine, let them say it. Other than direct, name calling and sticks and stones , and personal attacks, which there is no room in this forum, I find "bone-picking" rather healthy. That's my opinion and everyone knows about opinions.

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,012 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users