Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Changes behind the scenes at HL #42161 02/10/08 04:42 PM
Roland Babineau Offline OP
OP Offline
Orinally posted by Lighthouse Loon
Quote:
The delay [in receiving Forum posting prizes] may be because there are some changes going on behind the scenes at corporate HL. Tony may be a little busy at the moment. Something about all local HL dealers will work directly with HL and not have field sale reps anymore.
You are correct, Loon. My field rep is no longer going to be handling HL's as of March 1st. I have also been attempting to contact Tony about other matters, as well, but to no avail. Hopefully, with the changes, there will be less tiers to go through and perhaps a much better system of communication will develop through it.

Roland Babineau, Editor
Lighthouse Encyclopedia
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/lighthouse_encyclopedia
Re: Changes behind the scenes at HL #42162 02/11/08 11:52 AM
Lighthouse Loon Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Roland, Sounds like this is a positive move for the retail dealers. My local dealer didn't have an opinion on it when I spoke to him, he might be waiting to see how the new way of communicating works.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.
Re: Changes behind the scenes at HL #42163 02/11/08 12:19 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
Hopefully, with the changes, there will be less tiers to go through and perhaps a much better system of communication will develop through it.
Sounds like a plan to me. Unfortunate for the sales reps, but I'm sure this isn't the only line that makes up their weekly pay check. Streamlining the process of taking orders and shipping product directly between the "home office" and the dealer will work out to be a plus.

keyboard Bob

Re: Changes behind the scenes at HL #42164 02/11/08 03:52 PM
Lighthouse Duo Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Quote:
I have also been attempting to contact Tony about other matters, as well, but to no avail.
yes ... same here ... !!!! frustrated

But seriously ... good luck to Tony and team! Hope things get sorted quickly and without too much troubles!!!

Quote:
My intent was not to hijack this one, but to give a reason for the delay in receiving your prizes.
Firstly I agree with the LONG LIVE HABRBOUR LIGHTS !!! But...

The delay in getting our prizes is only a small part of what is bugging me about this. After all, I for one don't feel like I have any kind of a right to this special prize!

More disappointing is that we don't get an answer to our concerns and emails.

I totally understand that the changes that happened and are happening are hard work and take up lots of time and energy. I totally understand that it may be difficult to answer several peoples emails. I even understand that Tony very likely has more important things to do, than answer our emails.

But I don't understand, why nobody could take 30 seconds to make a note on the CF to the effect "sorry you are still waiting, but we are working on it"

Well enough of the rant ... After all I DO LOVE HARBOR LIGHTS and CF!

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...
Re: Changes behind the scenes at HL #42165 02/21/08 09:55 AM
Tony C Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Good Thursday Morning!

Yes, I am alive!

All the winners can THANK Dave H for keeping me updated!

I very raely do not follow up on issues, unfortunately this is one that got away! In other words communication was a bit off! I am told PRIZES HAVE BEEN SHIPPED TO ALL 2007 WINNERS!

Here we are in the second month of 2008 and I have no clue (STOP LAUGHING) regarsduing winners for January or February? What's up?

I am getting into a routine that is a bit more hectic -but be paient!

AJC

Re: Changes behind the scenes at HL #42166 02/24/08 04:42 AM
beachcomber Offline
Tony, you are on the wrong thread for prizes and winners. There won't be a February winner until the end of the month. John drew January's winner at the end of that month. cool

beachcomber
Re: Changes behind the scenes at HL #42167 02/24/08 05:23 PM
Lighthouse Duo Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
vhappy

Looking forward to our August-2007-Winning!! The Galveston Jetty Light is a bit special to us! Yipeeeee .... we have a special place reserved for it! cool

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...
Re: Changes behind the scenes at HL #42168 02/25/08 08:17 PM
Bob Taylor Offline
Wacko
Wacko
Dave H did a great job in getting the winners names and address to Tony C. The folks in the brown uniforms delivered my first choice to my home last Friday. It was a joy to recieve. Thanks again Dave for following up on this.

Bob Taylor

Re: Changes behind the scenes at HL #42169 02/26/08 09:07 AM
Lighthouse Duo Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
ooohhh - Thank You for letting us know Bob!
It adds to our anticipation to know that someone has received their prised HL !!!
Can't wait for ours!

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...
Re: Changes behind the scenes at HL #42170 02/27/08 09:24 AM
Lighthouse Duo Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
... don't have to wait any longer ... Our HL gift is here and WE LOVE IT !!!

Thank you to HL and all who made this possible! And especially THANK YOU to Dave H. for progressing this!

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,328 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users