Next Thread
Print Thread
hidden forums threads... #41152 06/04/06 04:11 PM
Lighthouse Duo Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
yes .. I know ... a lot of CF members use
» Today's Active Topics « and so will say that it makes no differnece ...
but ... I posted a few cards in the post card forum and feel a little hidden "under" PCEs and Round Robins.
Not thaT I am complainnig about PCEs and Round Robins! They are great fun and long may they continue!
Not that I am complainnig if nobody is bothered about the cards I posted. Not everyone is into these funny rectangular pictures that get stuck to bits of paper to be send all round the world.

But I wonder if the RR and PCE forums could not be separated from other post cards and in my case stamps....

Am I moaning too much? Hope not... just a thought ...
smile

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...
Re: hidden forums threads... #41153 06/04/06 04:28 PM
beachcomber Offline
Margret, you are absolutely right! I try to go through the forums "home" from time to time because I know I miss a whole lot if I only use "Today's Active Topics". That happens particularly when I haven't signed on for a couple of days - today is one of my catchup days and I have been here for several hours and that's only on the active topics! I try to go through everything because, at times, members post something of significance and it has "gone under", so it takes forever! I don't know what the solution is, if there is one. It's bad enough when topics get shoved to page two - it's easy to miss those, as well. Those threads which get replies stay on top and those that don't, get pushed all the way out. Maybe someone [like John, Dave, Paul(Peter, Paul, or Mary :p )] has a solution.

beachcomber
Re: hidden forums threads... #41154 06/04/06 06:38 PM
Lighthouse Duo Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
I always use the HOME page. Nearly never the one for today's topics.

But either way, the popularity of the PCEs and the Round Robins, are a little counter-productive to any other topic in that category.

Please don't misunderstand me - I am not against the RRs or PCEs - quite the opposite, I wish I could afford to take part more.

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...
Re: hidden forums threads... #41155 06/04/06 08:41 PM
sandy Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Did not have a clue what you were talking about and stayed still long enough to see whatever that button at the top says. . .lo and behold, the lightbulb burned brightly for a moment or two. Pretty good from where I sit. Anyway, the old dog can be taught new tricks after all.

Sandy :p :p :p

Re: hidden forums threads... #41156 06/05/06 11:47 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Margret, I'd think that only those checking in every day would use "Today's active topics". So those who check into the forums every day would have seen your post.

Those who don't check everyday need to go through using the home page if they're interested in seeing what's been posted in their absence. Of course there are some who only check certain threads or don't care to read "old news". That's just the way it is. Of course it you think a thread you've started has been prematurely buried/buried alive eek you can always ressurect it by adding something to it yourself.

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 900 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users