Print Thread
My Cookies Aren't Working!!! #40769 10/20/99 03:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have gone into Preferences many times and tried to set it up for the system to remember my password. I select yes and select submit preferences.

I read the fine print at the bottom of the screen and it said something about making sure the cookies option is turned on in my browser.

I am using NetscapeŽ Communicator 4.61. I have gone into the advanced preferences there and it is set to accept all cookies.

But I still have to type in the password everytime. I feel fairly secure that it is probably operator error. So what am I doing wrong?

Karen

Re: My Cookies Aren't Working!!! #40770 10/20/99 11:23 PM
J
JTimothyA Offline
Saint
Saint
J
hmmm....

check your preferences again - are they still set to 'yes - store for a year'. if not, its a problem w/ the forum software.

otherwise...

do you have enough disk space in the partition or drive where your cookies are stored?

try closing your browser - not just move to another site, but close it completely.

you should be able to find the cookie. see if its date or timestamp changes after you've closed your browser, re-started and returned to this site.

Btw, I see they've released v4.7.
__
/im

Re: My Cookies Aren't Working!!! #40771 10/21/99 01:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tim,

Thanks for the help. Now, I am really confused. I went to respond to your post to say everything seems to be fine and low and behold our name and password came up automatically.

I think I went through the above steps over and over again probably a dozen times and it didn't work. But now it works . . . . Go figure!

But then it is a computer and we all know about operator error! (I use to be a phone tech, so I know about operator error.)

So if it ain't broke, I am leaving it alone.

Thank you also for the tip on the new version of Communicator. I will go get it.

Karen

Re: My Cookies Aren't Working!!! #40772 10/21/99 01:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tim,

Thanks for the help. Now, I am really confused. I went to respond to your post to say everything seems to be fine and low and behold our name and password came up automatically.

I think I went through the above steps over and over again probably a dozen times and it didn't work. But now it works . . . . Go figure!

But then it is a computer and we all know about operator error! (I use to be a phone tech, so I know about operator error.)

So if it ain't broke, I am leaving it alone.

Thank you also for the tip on the new version of Communicator. I will go get it.

Karen

Re: My Cookies Aren't Working!!! #40773 10/21/99 01:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did I mention something about operator error! Is that really two messages I sent . . . . . .
It's definitely time to take me and my red face to bed.

Karen

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 635 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users