Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Banners.... #39294 07/04/07 10:42 AM
Lighthouse Duo Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Somehow I can't find the post, that explained the size etc. for the pictures needed for the banners. confused

So, John, how about answering the following questions for all to see wink ?

Do these banners have to be of US lighthouses?

And could you remind us of the format you need please? (Dimensions, quality, file format etc.)

Maybe I have some more pictures ... even of US lights ... certainly of some European ones.

Oh and ... you can tell me if you don't want anything other than US lights ... I won't mind whistling

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...
Re: Banners.... #39295 07/04/07 11:07 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Gladly!

386 x 151 pixels, jpg file. You can right-click on the current image and choose "properties" to see these. If you aren't able to create the crop yourself, you can submit a picture that you believe will fit the format and I'll edit it.

By quality, Margret is referring to the jpg # when you save. I usually use 8 or higher for the Internet. But if you don't know what that is or how that works, don't fret.

I usually do a bit of tweaking to color, brightness and contrast before the voting.

Any lighthouse or lightship on this planet is acceptable. I imagine we'd even consider a USCG ship or boat.

While the 'focus' has been on wide-angle views of lighthouses, I think we'd consider wide-angle views of Fresnel lenses, spiral staircases, and other details.

I'm now out of images to use, so this will be the 'plea to submit' between now and July 20. Please don't POST your pictures, email them to me and I'll set up a 'poll' holding the photographer nameless until the results are in.

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,501 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users