cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Forum Golden Oldies #39056 02/05/01 02:24 PM
easya Offline OP
OP Offline
In another thread, St John has begun an inquiry into producing a replacement for the "Suvival Guide". It got me to thinking, and since I'm home with the flu, I writing down these thoughts.
Has anyone ever thought to compile the "Best of the Forum"? I have been entertained and informed by these threads for over a year, but occasionally I find myself reading posts from years gone by.
The "family" of Newbies, Wackos and Saints are truly amazing and also caring. I enjoy the wit, humor and expertize.
I still chuckle when remember that St Paul had his Christmas Portland Head snatched from his hands a year ago or the "serious" thread about Alaska Lights which unexpectedly turned into a series of bad puns. "When I see Mrs Younger, ALASKA".
Rod's road trips, Bill's reviews, Mombo's insights and many others have taken me for a wonderful ride. I think it would be a great read.
Also, what about an edited version of a Forum topic in the Legacy every quarter? About a page long? It would inform and introduce non-posters to a world they may be missing and utimately to kindle that fire to keep the lights burning.
- Joe

Re: Forum Golden Oldies #39057 02/05/01 03:31 PM
J
Joanne Offline
J
The best has to be Bob Younger's death. I joined the forum in the middle of that and all I could thing of was, how horrible to be killed on a motorcycle by hitting a pack of beavers that were crossing the road! And then, people are making fun of it too.

Re: Forum Golden Oldies #39058 02/05/01 08:27 PM
J
JTimothyA Offline
Saint
Saint
J
Though not for the entire forum, I tried to do something like what easya suggests for favorite topics in The Fogsignal Building. You might want to check: Fogsignal Favorites to see if thats what you had in mind.

Or take a look at the Newbie JumpGate for another collection of messages.

I'm probably more inclined to look at the 'Best Of' for individual forums rather than the entire site because that way we'd get more threads included. Having been hanging around here for a while I've come to see each post as a contribution and what everyone has to say is worthwhile. Accumulatively (?) these help make our on-line community what it is. Yeah - I know - more than a little bit Wacko. :-)

You might be amazed at some of the topics we've covered over the years. If you've got time to browser around, try changing the 'Show Topics from last XX days" to "Show All Topics".

Rgds,
__
/im

[This message has been edited by JTimothyA (edited 02-05-2001).]

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,025 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users