Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Next New England club meeting #38304 07/07/99 07:39 PM
L
ladylightkeeper Offline OP
OP Offline
L
The New England Lighthouse Lovers ( NELL ) will have their next meeting combined with a 2 day Outing in Portsmouth, NH, on Oct. 8-11. They will be meeting in a beautiful facility, once a huge private estate deeded over to the state Forestry Dept. Hundreds of acres and miles of walking trails with an arboretum are the setting for a huge barn made over into a conference center. Here the club will have a meeting on Sat.Oct. 9, filled with a Swap N'Sell, several raffles, the usual and necessary business meeting, and two scrumptious catered meals. The program will be unique, but is still in the planning stages and one which no member will want to miss. More news on that at a later posting.

Our club's first newsletter will be coming out in August completely online and linked to our wesite. It will have some articles of interest to all lighthouse enthusiasts. Don't miss it. Click onto www.lighthouse.cc/nelighthouselovers in August and look for the link.

Ron Foster has finished our club logo and it will soon be appearing on a club pin and garments ordered through him.

If you are in New England or know someone who is that loves lighthouses, please tell them about our club. We welcome new members. Keeping the Flame.

ladylightkeeper
Re: Next New England club meeting #38305 07/08/99 05:24 PM
Augie K. Offline
I'm a new member to NELL. I live in New Hampshire, looking forward to that October weekend.

Keep The Light Burning

The Flame

Augie K.
NELL Member
Re: Next New England club meeting #38306 07/08/99 08:47 PM
RFoster Offline
Mary Jane and I are looking forward to the Portsmouth get together. I'm sure that we will have as much fun as we did at the last one in Portland, ME (where we climbed Portland Head and Spring Point Ledge lighthouses, took a boat ride to see lighthouses from the other side, ate wonderful fresh seafood, and went to an event with Bill Younger) and the April meeting in CT (when we had the pleasure of listening to Elinor DeWire (noted author and lighthouse enthusiast), and took a guided tour of New London Ledge light).

I've been working hard to get the catalog of NELL merchandise completed and available to all NELL members who would like to order in time to wear their purchases in Portsmouth. I have several more pages of pictures to scan and hope to get it to everyone soon.

This club is full of lighthouse lovers, like yourselves, so if you want to join in on the great adventures contact the membership chairperson, Valerie Patnaude, at: patnaude@worldnet.att.net

Helping to keep the flame in New England,

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Moderated by  WackoPaul 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,356 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users