Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
When Bill Speaks . . . #38006 09/27/00 03:28 AM
P
Polly Offline OP
OP Offline
P
The Northern California Harbour Lightkeepers (NCHL) were honored to have Bill speak at their September 23rd meeting, it was a fantastic success! First of all, a big "Thank You" goes out to Harbour Lights for their generous donation of gifts for the meeting.

As soon as Bill walked in the door, he seated himself in front of the table of HL gifts, pulled out his trusty Sharpie started un-boxing and signing EVERY HL gift piece. After signing all the gift pieces he placed himself in front of Fred's curio and proceeded to autograph each unsigned piece (there weren't too many). Members brought in unsigned pieces from their homes and Bill graciously continued to sign each piece placed before him.

Bill answered (at least replied to) questions from members covering topics such as the Pharoes, This Little Light of Mine, and HL decision making process to name a few. However, the hot topic was the 2001 Harbour Lights Family Reunion. As Bill talked about the registration process we were all ears!

After Bill's departure we continued with a business meeting. Twiggy offered to host the next meeting at his home in Grover Beach, late January 2001. We hope to incorporate a trip to the San Luis Obispo Lighthouse into that meeting.

Thanks again Bill, for taking time to meet with our club!!!

Loyally,
NCHL Members

PS Other NCHL member should add their information about the last meeting to this post.

Re: When Bill Speaks . . . #38007 10/01/00 01:33 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Sounds like you had a great time hosting Bill. I suppose Fred offered to host as it was easier than taking his HL to a dealer signing event? You didn't mention any super secret stuff Bill may have mentioned. No revelations??????

Dave

Re: When Bill Speaks . . . #38008 10/01/00 02:15 AM
S
SThompson Offline
Administrator
Administrator
S
Polly you should call about San Luis Obispo. They are putting in new water and sewage pipes and the road in is torn up. We tried going just a couple of weeks ago and it was a mess. We are trying to go back sometime in October. If you are looking at this time frame let me know. Perhaps the two clubs can meet there.

Sean

Re: When Bill Speaks . . . #38009 10/02/00 02:55 AM
P
Polly Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Dave - Try as we may we weren't able to get the meeting designated as a signing event. As far as secrets reveled; Bill surprised us with the news of pre-registration & a member did mention it on the forum. After seeing where it went from there I'm glad I forgot to mention it.

Sean – Thanks for the heads up we will check things out. A club member from that area has worked on the Pt. San Luis Obispo Light in the past & is making contact with the restoration group before we head out there. However, we’re not planning our outing until January. Do keep in touch & let me know when your club is visiting. As I mentioned, one of our members lives there and my husband & I are down there a couple of weekends a month (we just got back). If your club were there same weekend we are, we’d enjoy meeting with your club.

Polly

Moderated by  WackoPaul 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,825 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users