Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Worth it to join HLCC at this time of year? #37666 11/25/04 03:23 PM
seagirt Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
I have wanted to join the Harbour Lights Collectors Club for several years now. This year, the free piece has really been great. I'd like to put a membership on my Christmas list.

But I'm wondering...is it worth it to join now? Or should I wait until the 05-06 Club? I'd like to get the Cuckolds piece, but will my Legacy subscription only last until April?

Need some help on this one!

Re: Worth it to join HLCC at this time of year? #37667 11/25/04 04:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Greg, the legacy subscription will last a year from whenever you sign up. If you are just wanting the members piece(s) you will probably be able to find them on ebay without any problem. But if you were just wanting the membership pieces, you might as well become a member because you would probably pay about the same amount on ebay (including shipping) as you would thru a dealer and you get the subscription too.

Re: Worth it to join HLCC at this time of year? #37668 11/25/04 10:43 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
I also believe if you sign up now, the membership pieces(free and redeemable ones) will be the Cuckolds pieces. To be able to receive the new pieces coming due in May, you will have to renew early or wait till your year is up. Your membership(May 20XX to April 20XX) only allows you to buy the current membership pieces. But look at it this way Greg, for $38.00 your a member, get a free piece, the Legacy and the right to get the Society Piece. You can spend that much taking a girl to the movies and buying hamburgers after the movie. The girl, the hamburgers and the movie will be gone but the lighthouses will still be around.

Rich
Re: Worth it to join HLCC at this time of year? #37669 11/25/04 11:02 PM
seagirt Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
I think I am going to put a subscription on my list. I really like the Cuckolds piece, and in a few years, if I decide to get one secondary market, it'll be probably more than the subscription. Isn't the piece alone worth about $65?

I think I'd also like the ornament, as I have a couple (Sea Girt and Baltimore) already. I need to try to complete the collection of society ornaments one day!

Thanks for the input...and anyone's welcome to give me a gift subscription. wink laugh

As for the girl and movie...I wish I had someone to take to the movies! Unfortunately, I don't know of any other kids in my school who are lighthouse people. My English teacher, yes, but this is not The Graduate. eek

Re: Worth it to join HLCC at this time of year? #37670 11/26/04 10:18 PM
MtnHkr Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
If you're looking to get the Cuckolds piece you need to join NOW! Definitely worth putting on your CHristmas list. How about an early or late Birthday present. Whatever works Greg. Go for it!

Bert laugh

Bert

No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
Re: Worth it to join HLCC at this time of year? #37671 11/28/04 10:27 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Greg, it's been a while now so I'm not 100% on this, but I think if you join near the end of the current HL year, which I did, that you receive the past issues of the legacy for that year plus the binder for them that a first time member gets. So the Legacy subscription will expire at the same time the membership you paid for expires.

The best reward for membership is, of course, the gift piece. When I joined for the '98-'99 year it was a "$30 value". The "$30 value piece somehow increased to a "$60 value", or something like that. The true value of this piece is, like all of the other LE's: What it's worth to you to have it/What someone will pay you for it if you wish to sell it.

Moderated by  WackoPaul 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 821 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users