Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Membership to Collectors Club #37331 10/26/06 05:19 AM
Lighthouse Duo Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Well, since Stan caught the "Harbour Lights Bug", we were thinking of joining the Collectors Club.
So we went online at HarbourLights.com and started to find out about how to do that.

And we hit a snag. It is stated that, should we want to buy the First Boston Harbor MA Society Exclusive, Delivery of this exclusive will be through a Harbour Lights redemption dealer

Does this mean, we can not buy the exclusive? Because there is no redemption dealer anywhere near here.

I know there may be any number of friends who would help us out with that and we are thankful for this.

But I think a re-think is required on the part of the Collectors Club and Harbour Lights. And if the re-think has already happened, it needs publishing!!!! At the moment we are thinking, it may be a lot of hassle to get the HL exclusives. And so: Is it really worth it?

(I can hear the storm of protest already: OF COURSE IT IS WORHT IT smile )

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...
Re: Membership to Collectors Club #37332 10/26/06 06:47 AM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
P.S.
I am aware of "Simply Gifted" in Birmingham. Found them on the ever decreasing list of Non-US dealers. It states there, that they are redemption dealers.

Just called them. When I asked if he could sell LLs, he claimed they didn't exist any longer.
Not the sort of dealer I want any business with!
It did not help that he barely seemed to speak English.

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...
Re: Membership to Collectors Club #37333 10/26/06 08:36 AM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
To get the entire story from the mouth of someone that knows, I would suggest a call to Harbour Lights at 1-800-365-1219 and ask to speak to Kathy(only speak to Kathy as the other girls may not know). They open at 800 AM and close at 4:00 PM EST. I would wait and call around 9:00 AM to play it safe.

Rich
Re: Membership to Collectors Club #37334 10/26/06 11:45 AM
BeaconBob Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Margret,
It won't take long to begin to get alot of LE lighthouses...make sure you have an extra room to display/store them in!
Good luck with your Membership!

Bob J ~ 65 Lighthouses, 2 Lightships, 25 Life Saving Stations Visited ~
"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12
Re: Membership to Collectors Club #37335 10/26/06 11:46 AM
Lighthouser Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Margret, you and Stan are not ruled out because thare isn't a dealer near you. A dealer can ship. Granted, the shipping cost will be higher to get to you.

I don't have a dealer near me either. He always ships to me.

I would suggest contacting a couple of dealers and see what can be worked out with shipping.

Judy
P.S.
Try Cape Annie's in East Sandwich, MA or The Lighthouse Gallery & Gifts in Nags Head, NC. Jim of Cape Annie's is an active member here on the forums.

Judy
Re: Membership to Collectors Club #37336 10/26/06 04:55 PM
flacoastie Offline
Saint
Saint
Margret - I was talking to Kathy today and told her about your problem of not having a redemption dealer. She is prepared to answer any question that you may have. Please give her a call.

Rich
Re: Membership to Collectors Club #37337 10/26/06 06:33 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
Originally posted by flacoastie:
Margret - I was talking to Kathy today and told her about your problem of not having a redemption dealer. She is prepared to answer any question that you may have. Please give her a call.
Of course that would be an overseas call. But maybe you can use Skype minutes.

Re: Membership to Collectors Club #37338 10/26/06 07:21 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Yes, Skype minutes is one solution ...

The other is this great new service we have, where we have lots of overseas minutes included in our subscription.

I will call Kathy tomorrow, as I have a few queries regarding our membership.

YES !!!! We have joined the Collectors Club today!! cool smile

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...
Re: Membership to Collectors Club #37339 11/20/06 12:31 PM
kikigl Offline
Congratulations Stan and Margret.
I'm sure you will enjoy. I know I do.

Kay
Re: Membership to Collectors Club #37340 11/20/06 06:01 PM
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
We are having FUN ... we have not bought a new piece yet - the purse strings are still a bit too tight!
But we have bought several "pre-owned" ones and are having a great time especially with LLOMs.
Stan will have to build another set of shelves! The first one is full !! laugh And so is the mantle piece - LEs there and GLOWS ...

Kathy was VERY helpful! She sent a list of mail order dealers. But of course we will use Cape Annie's if we need a dealer! We have been in touch with Jim and Ann already smile But as I said... the piggy bank needs to fill up a little first :rolleyes:

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and help!
smile

Margret
Lighthouse Duo
Live Love Laugh ...
Re: Membership to Collectors Club #37341 11/22/06 01:44 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Margret, not to be picky here but I believe you and Stan have joined the HL Collector's Society. Collector Clubs are regional organizations comprised of HL collectors and non collectors who get together at meetings, sometimes hold outings and usually raise funds for lighthouse preservation. These clubs welcome members from outside their region. They are recognised by HL as HL Collector Clubs. This collector forum is recognized as a club also, so technically you do belong to a collector club! smile

Moderated by  WackoPaul 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Rock, Dave H), 1,351 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users