Next Thread
Print Thread
Book on Harbour lights? #37327 06/15/99 05:20 PM
D
Ddrule Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi all,
I am recently a new collector to HL and was wondering if there was a booklet that shows all the lighthouses ever made by HL. I am interested in seeing all of the HL and always looking to add to my collection. I have so much to learn about these wonderful pieces.

I know they only make so many of one design and then break the mold and start again. I am really interested in seeing the past and the present.

Recently on a trip to Wicks and Sticks I saw Hilton Head. It looked very different to the one in the HL pamplet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Amber

Re: Book on Harbour lights? #37328 06/15/99 06:17 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Welcome, Amber! Glad you found us.

There are two guidebooks that list all the Harbour Lights.

One is by Greenbooks, the other by CollectorBee (formerly Collectible Publishing)

You can find the information through links at www.HarbourLights.com:

www.HarbourLights.com/links.htm

Both have web sites and you can order direct. You can also order these guides through Harbour Lights (800-365-1219).

Another 'must' for collectors is Jim Rutherford's "Harbour Lights Survival Guide". The latest edition of this annual should be ready soon. Jim's book is available from many dealers (including Lighthouse Depot) and costs about $16.

John

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 06-15-99).]

Re: Book on Harbour lights? #37329 06/16/99 12:30 AM
DeDo Offline
Hi Amber,

I am a relatively new HL collector. I remember trying to make sense of the different HLs by looking at the HL brochure. I purchased the Collectors Value guide first. Now I could finally see all the different HLs & the difference between the limited editions & the GLOWs.

The Greenbook guide was harder to get.
(I didn't know I could get them thru HLs.) It was back-ordered thru Amazon got it thru Barnes & noble but it was bound wrong. 2nd copy same problem. Finally got a good copy direct from the publisher. What a wealth of info!! All the variations, things I didn't even know existed. Both books are well used by me. The pricing on the older pieces is quite differerent between the two but you get the idea which are rare & which are affordable. Both great resouces.

Donna

Re: Book on Harbour lights? #37330 06/16/99 10:00 PM
D
Ddrule Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Thanks for the replies. The information is very helpful. I think I will order through HL. You all have been great. Thanks again,

Amber

Moderated by  WackoPaul 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Rock, Dave H), 1,582 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users