Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
HLC Fall Gathering at OMC Images #37132 10/15/03 12:56 AM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint

We started off the day by getting together for a good breakfast at Lindos, Carolyn puts in her order as Roy plays with the Salt shaker..

Doyne (in mirror) presented Dave with a very personalized hard hat after Dave's Springtime experiences with the stairs...

That pretty well sums it up!

One of the last blooms of the season...

The tree that the club presented to the Historical Society on it's 30th Anniversary, with a new sign..

The sign pretty well sums it up!

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: HLC Fall Gathering at OMC Images #37133 10/15/03 12:57 AM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint

Jeff and Doyne start working up the plans for the walls around the stairway and the entrance to the lantern room..

Judy and Sue plan their attack on weeding the flower bed...

While Pam and Winnie attack the flower bed along the other fence, as others prepare to start staining the boards in the background..

Mary and Carolyn are being assisted by Bill as they start the staining..

Suzanne went from part of the F Troop to Main Chef..

Susan appears to be teaching Dave how to turn hot dogs, good thing we made Suzanne the Main Chef for the cookout..

Re: HLC Fall Gathering at OMC Images #37134 10/15/03 12:58 AM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint

I am not sure if Carolyn's plans for the catsup is for the hot dogs or Dave...

Everybody enjoyed the good food and the Great company during the lunch break cookout at the lighthouse... After I took this picture, I called Bill and the club gave him a great big "Get Well, Bill!" over my cell phone. He thanked us for thinking of him and wished us well with our work at the lighthouse..

Then it was back to the staining and since the weeding was all done more people joined in the staining... there were a lot of boards to be done!

Rex holds one of those stained boards in place as Jeff nails it up..

Rex was the main person doing cutting of the boards to make them fit, the guys kept saying, "perfect" when they would put them in place..

Doyne worked in the close quarters of the stairway opening to the lantern room, walling it up..

Re: HLC Fall Gathering at OMC Images #37135 10/15/03 12:59 AM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint

Dave Hemming and his brother, Don, are making sure that Gary and Jeff are putting the boards up correctly as Charlotte watches Doyne puttin on the finishing touches around the stairway..

The Ladbugs in the lantern room brought us a lot of good luck as in a beautiful day weather-wise..

Doyne is attaching the last board around the stairway..

Gary holding a board in place while Jeff nails it as Doyne gives the stairs a good brushing down..

Dave and Roy heating up the ribs (supper cookout) for someone under the glow of a flashlight! The ribs were Great!!!

I went back after supper to lock up the lighthouse and shot this last image of one of the walls.. They will be a day in the future that we will sand it down and add another coat of stain plus finish off the roof area and the wall around the window, but that is a future work day at the lighthouse..

It just doesn't get any better than this!!

Re: HLC Fall Gathering at OMC Images #37136 10/15/03 02:22 PM
Elmer Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Great photos Paul and thanks for sharing. Wish we could have been there. I hope the loss to Carolina wasn't too traumatic. :rolleyes:

Dan

Re: HLC Fall Gathering at OMC Images #37137 10/15/03 02:45 PM
MtnHkr Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Great pictures and thanks for sharing them. Looks like a lot of work was done, but it also looks like a great time was had by all. You're an inspiration to all of us to get involved.

Bert smile

Bert

No mountain is too tall if your first step is belief. -Anonymous
Re: HLC Fall Gathering at OMC Images #37138 10/15/03 03:01 PM
Shirin Offline
Looks like the group had yet another great workday. I love seeing the progess in the photos!
Keep up the great work.

Shirin
Re: HLC Fall Gathering at OMC Images #37139 10/15/03 10:31 PM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Your club certainly knows the meaning of team work. Congrats on doing such a wonderful job...again!

smile Bob smile

Re: HLC Fall Gathering at OMC Images #37140 10/16/03 12:22 AM
2beacons Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
We had a great day at the lighthouse. It just doesn't get any better than to help out with the care of a lighthouse with all of your friends. Every time we get together we have a fun day that just flies by. We catch up on the happenings of each others lives and hear what each other has planned in the future.

If you haven't hugged a lighthouse lately I would highly recommend it.

Mary and Jeff

Re: HLC Fall Gathering at OMC Images #37141 10/16/03 04:21 AM
MrsTLC Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Sure wish we could have been there with all of you guys frown You have such a great group of people that it makes me a bit jealous that you get to see each other so often. The light is looking better after every vist you all make. Thanks again Paul for the great pictures.
Ruthie smile

Ruthie
"Where words fail, Music speaks"
Re: HLC Fall Gathering at OMC Images #37142 10/16/03 12:00 PM
Lorie Roe Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
The lighthouse looked great when John and I visited in June. All of your hard work has certainly paid off! smile It looks terrific.

Moderated by  WackoPaul 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,229 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users