Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
2009 HLClub Grillin... #37111 07/10/09 02:20 PM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Sue and I are packing up the car just for the weekend this time as the Hoosier Lighthousing Club is going to have a 1/2 a day at the Old Michigan City Lighthouse on Saturday and the annual Club's Grillin at the Cole's Cove on Sunday! We are leaving a little early this afternoon to get in some grand-daughter shopping at the Michigan City Lighthouse Outlet Mall tomorrow morning before we get together with others at the lighthouse around noon.

We have a small to do list at the lighthouse and it is a great opportunity to see the grounds in full bloom since we don't normally gather there in mid-summer, just in the Spring and Fall.

I will of course post images here to share the weekend in the forums. Of course if you are in the Michigan City area on Saturday please stop by the Old Michigan City lighthouse, I promise the Club members don't bite, you might get a hug and have a good time though, while spending some time with some neat people...

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: 2009 HLClub Grillin... #37112 07/10/09 05:09 PM
Bill and Judy Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Have a great time. Wish we could be there!

Judy

Re: 2009 HLClub Grillin... #37113 07/11/09 10:41 PM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
The Hoosier Lighthousing Club had a 1/2 day work and planning day at the Old Michigan City Lighthouse. Tomorrow we will gather for our annual Grilling at the Cole's home.

The day started with the club presenting the Museum with new postcards to sell. The one that Museum Director, Jackie Glidden, is holding was photographed by one of our member's(Danni) son, Tony. He flew over the lighthouse a few years ago and allowed the club to use one of his images for a new aerial postcard of the Pierhead Light.

Jackie is showing Docent, Barbara, the three boxes of postcards, one of the aerial and two of sunset images that I shot in 2005 of the Pierhead Light.

Cindy is demonstrating that some of the lilies have grown taller than her.

A couple of images for Mombo!

Dave and Larry are doing some planning for our Fall day at the lighthouse when we plan a major overhaul of the Christmas lights on the lighthouse..

Shellie doing some weeding around the entry way to the grounds..

Re: 2009 HLClub Grillin... #37114 07/11/09 10:45 PM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint

I shot this image to reminder us that we need to move these tall lilies to a different location in the fall as they block the platform for people who use the main walk to the Lighthouse.

We finally have something planted along the back of the building that works..

This is the platform from the other end that demonstrates how much the lilies block the other end.

The gals all trimming up the Day Lilies along the walk.

Larry and Doyne sorting out the good bricks that we will use to create a walkway between the buildings at the Fall workday... These are original old bricks that came from the old (partial) chimney that we removed from the attic to add the spiral staircase to the lantern room.

Tomorrow, the Grillin!!

Re: 2009 HLClub Grillin... #37115 07/12/09 01:41 AM
B
Bill Bowen Offline
B
Great photos of some dedicated people and their results.

Re: 2009 HLClub Grillin... #37116 07/12/09 12:25 PM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Since some may have not seen the two sunset images I shot in 2005 and to give everybody a better look of the card made from Danni's son, Tony, image from the air, I thought I would post the postcard images below..

The Tony's aerial image.

This image was shot on April 30, 2005 at 8:40PM.

This image was shot on April 30, 2005 at 8:44PM.
I went back to the original image and got the time stamp since i was thinking there was something like 10 minutes between them and I found that the difference on the time stamp of the images was only 4 minutes, quite a different look for only 4 minutes. Where I got the 10 minutes from was that I only spent 10 minutes from the time that I arrived on the scene until I was done shooting, because the sunset was done.

Re: 2009 HLClub Grillin... #37117 07/12/09 04:30 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Beautiful work - beautiful images, Paul and crew! Thanks for taking us along.

Re: 2009 HLClub Grillin... #37118 07/12/09 11:17 PM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint

We were under Bill's wizardly protection at the grillin and he whipped up Great weather for the day!

Chef Doyne was superb once again cooking up the meat..

Danni got a great spot in line..

While other club members were able to catch up on things while waiting for their turn at the wonderful spread that Cindy prepared..

Dave seems to be carefully preparing the bun for a delicious Brats.

Edith and Frank enjoying the moment..

Shellie, Harold and my wife Sue also enjoying the beautiful day and great food..

Karen (far left) who with husband John gave all of us a Special surprise being showing up at the Gillin, since they now live in Florida.

Re: 2009 HLClub Grillin... #37119 07/12/09 11:21 PM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint

Left to right: Frank, Jodi, MargaretAnn, John (husband of Karen from Florida) and Danni..

Danni showing off the new postcard of the Pierhead Light that her son Tony took the aerial of the light.

First we had a drawing and gave away a bunch of Harbour Lights lighthouses plus some other lighthouse items donated by the Coles including a great Lighthouse cookie jar. The HL's included an original Ocracoke Lighthouse and a New Point Loma Mini lighthouse. Then we had a meeting planning future Club events..

Rex and John weren't made to sit in the corner we just spread out after eating all that food..

Doyne (president) going over the rest of the years events and including plans for next year's Grillin at their home being a Luau. Dave said that I couldn't wear a grass skirt to it!

Cole's Cove Light, Lowell, Indiana

Cole's Cove Light Keeper's House a perfect setting for a gathering of good friends.

Dave seems to really being enjoying the moment, I wish I could remember what was said at that moment since they all seem to be enjoying the moment..

Re: 2009 HLClub Grillin... #37120 07/12/09 11:22 PM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint

Club secretary Kat going over final plans for our Christmas Party for this year after the lighting of the lights at the Old Michigan City Lighthouse.

Captain Rex took a bunch of folks out for a boat ride around the lake..

The group passing the Cole's Cove Light..

Re: 2009 HLClub Grillin... #37121 07/16/09 01:13 PM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
The gardens at the lighthouse look great! You folks have done a wonderful job in all respects. You surely deserve a break at your annual picnic and the location looks super!

Moderated by  WackoPaul 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,037 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users