Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
NEW ENGLAND HARBOUR LIGHTS CLUB #37084 10/19/98 11:35 PM
L
ladylightkeeper Offline OP
OP Offline
L
The date of our first organizational meeting is fast approaching -- Sunday, November 8. This is a 6 state club, and we have members signed up so far from NH, MA, CT, and ME. Come on collectors in RI and VT -- let's make it a total regional representation! It's going to be a fun day, lots of camaraderie, trading information on our favorite HL sculptures, looking at photos taken at the RI Reunion, winning a prize or two in some contests, learning who is looking to buy which sculptures, and who has ones to swap or sell. Maybe even a program by a former lighthouse employee if all works well. Then some serious discussions on strategy: how to make this into a top club which can help out with lighthouse preservation projects here in New England; develop an active file of program possibilites using resource personnel here from authors, coast guard, historians; and setting up some great lighthouse outings in a different state each time. We welcome all lighthouse enthusiasts and HL collectors to join. This is a luncheon meeting, so a check for $l6.50 needs to be sent by Oct. 30 to Barbara Hupp, PO BOX 83l, Derry NH 03038. The luncheon is at l2:30 at the Grill 93 Restaurant, Andover, MA, at the River Road Exit 45 off I-93, just a short distance north from I-495. If you are reading this posting, please tell your friends and fellow collectors about this new club. Pass the word and Keep the Flame.

ladylightkeeper
Re: NEW ENGLAND HARBOUR LIGHTS CLUB #37085 10/21/98 02:49 PM
P
Polly Offline
P
Let us know how the meeting goes and how many members you have (also future events).

As a repeat from the General Forum, ask Collectable shops if you could place a 1-2 line recruitment notice in their newsletter. Point out clubs stimulate interest and interest stimulates growth! :-)

Re: NEW ENGLAND HARBOUR LIGHTS CLUB #37086 10/22/98 06:23 PM
RFoster Offline
It's about time there was a Harbour Lights Collectors Club in this part of the country. Thanks so much for taking the lead to form one. I'm looking forward to enjoying the company of other HL collectors and exchanging ideas, stories, and information about this wonderful obsession we share. See you in Nov.

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Moderated by  WackoPaul 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Dave H, Rock), 1,471 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users