Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Digger's Whitefish Point Painting....... #37043 08/05/01 02:21 PM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
Here's the original painting of Whitefish Point by Digger. I will be adding the rules this afternoon for those who want to bid and will not be able to attend the Hoosier Lighthousing Club (HLClub) meeting this Thursday August the 9th. The proxy bids will be similar to the way Collector's World does their mail in bids for their rare Harbour Lights Auction each year if you are familiar with the auction. Don't post your bid in this thread, as they will be done by e-mail to a special e-mail address I will post this afternoon..

Painting by Steve Ervin (Digger)

Paul L Brady, Hoosier Lighthousing Club President

[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 08-05-2001).]

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Digger's Whitefish Point Painting....... #37044 08/06/01 01:16 AM
WackoPaul Offline OP
Saint
OP Offline
Saint
The following are the ground rules for making a proxy bid on the original Whitefish Point painting by Digger. You can send only one of two different kinds of bids… either a single value bid or a range bid. A single value bid is just what it says you bid one amount. A range bid will have two values a starting value and a maximum value.. for example from $150-$300

Example of 4 people bidding:

Your bid $150-$350 range bid
Bidder #2 $205 single value bid
Bidder #3 $175 single value bid
Bidder #4 $150-$310 range bid

The winning bid would yours at $315. You would have out bid all of the other bidders. You would have beat out the next highest bidder #4’s $310 by the next bidding increment of $5 (the minimum increment to win the bid by). There is a minimum starting bid of $150 on the Whitefish painting.

The painting is unframed.. I told Digger the donation of the actual painting to the club to raise money for the Old Michigan City Lighthouse and the Hoosier Lighthousing Club was more than enough plus the winning bidder can choose to frame it to match their home’s décor.

I believe the size of the painting is… 16" X 20" unframed.

If there is a problem with payment from the winning bidder then the second place bidder will be given the opportunity to match the winning bid and the painting will go to them.

The deadline for the bids will have to be by Noon on Thursday August 9th (1:00pm Eastern daylight) so that I can access the e-mail and take the bids with me to the Snooty Fox. The e-mail address to send the bids and bids only is:

HoosierLH@aol.com

Any other questions e-mail me at WackoPaul@bvimpact.com or just click on the envelope icon at the top of the post.

[This message has been edited by engbrady (edited 08-06-2001).]

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: Digger's Whitefish Point Painting....... #37045 08/08/01 07:43 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Less than a day to go to get your bids in on this great new Digger original! Make sure you make your bid count. Who will take this painting home? Perhaps Mark "Whitefish" Wagner?

Dave

Re: Digger's Whitefish Point Painting....... #37046 08/09/01 05:51 PM
J
Jim Johnston Offline
J
I wish I could make it to your meeting tonight. Have a good time and we'll see some of you Hoosiers at Wind Point on Saturday.

Moderated by  WackoPaul 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Rock), 1,092 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users