cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Outer Banks Lighthouse Lovers Join Nancy at In-Store Signing #36713 10/18/04 11:04 AM
Lighthouser Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Yesterday, several OBLL's had the grand privilage of joining Nancy Younger of Harbour Lights at an in-store signing...this one at Ingles Nook in Chesterfield County, Virginia.

We were given a table at the front of the store near Nancy's table, and Ingles Nook provided us with a HL piece to raffle... the 2004 Regional/St. Augustine...signed by Nancy, of course. Proceeds from this will be donated to Outer Banks Lighthouse Society for lighthouse
preservation.

The signing which lasted from 1-3PM brought many enthusiastic HL collectors into the store, which gave us the opportunity to sign up new members. We gained three new OBLL's yesterday!

At 3:00, Nancy, who had signed and signed many HL's (one guy arrived with a huge box of treasures), did drawings for a bunch of neat
prizes furnished by Harbour Lights. I'm very proud to report that three prizes were won by OBLL's!

We are a very new Harbour Lights Collectors Club, having just organized in September, and our numbers are growing guickly. We invite anyone who is a HL collector and/OR just happens to love
lighthouses. Our members come from Virgina, North Carolina, and five other states, and anyone who joins before the end of this year is a Charter Member.

Congratulations to Diana and Eggie for your wins yesterday. Eggie "took home the gold"!

Ingles Nook was also very generous in donating five matted prints by Donna Elias for the up-coming auction on the 23rd for Outer Banks
Lighthouse Society.

Thank you, Ingles Nook (also OBLL members) for your hospitality and generosity!

Judy
President,
Outer Banks Lighthouse Lovers

Judy
Re: Outer Banks Lighthouse Lovers Join Nancy at In-Store Signing #36714 10/18/04 11:33 PM
RFoster Offline
Judy,

Sure wish we could have joined you at Ingles Nook and joined in the fun. Keep up the good work.

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Re: Outer Banks Lighthouse Lovers Join Nancy at In-Store Signing #36715 10/19/04 02:40 AM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Judy, send us some pics of the event! Or did everyone leave thier camras at home?

WE LOVE PICS!!! laugh

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.
Re: Outer Banks Lighthouse Lovers Join Nancy at In-Store Signing #36716 10/19/04 03:18 PM
Lighthouser Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Shortcake, we do have a bunch of photos, but I always need to find someone to host mine, and we are preparing for the OBLHS main event for the year...I leave in the morning with auction items, the Keeper's Store, and the big raffle items (minus the beach house) in tow.

I'll try to post pics next week when I return from Cape Lookout.

Ron, We would have been most pleasantly surprised if you and MJ had shown up Sunday. There will be a time, and we hope soon.

Judy smile

Judy
Re: Outer Banks Lighthouse Lovers Join Nancy at In-Store Signing #36717 10/19/04 04:32 PM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Judy,

It would be rather difficult to tow the beach house. Better to leave it where it is. Besides, I thought I'd already won it. JUST KIDDING!

Bob

Re: Outer Banks Lighthouse Lovers Join Nancy at In-Store Signing #36718 10/19/04 06:03 PM
Lighthouser Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
laugh Bob I wish I could tow MY HOUSE to the beach! Now that would be the ticket , don't you think?

Judy
smile

Judy
Re: Outer Banks Lighthouse Lovers Join Nancy at In-Store Signing #36719 10/19/04 06:49 PM
Bob Ott Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Judy,

I'll help pull it.

Bob

Moderated by  WackoPaul 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,356 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users