Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
North Georgia Beacon Brigade #36598 10/11/99 12:43 PM
H
HLSG Offline OP
OP Offline
H
The North Georgia Beacon Brigade (the collector club for Metro Atlanta and vicinity) wants to thank all the attendees of the Atlanta Regional Event, especially the 40+ new members who joined that day!

We meet every other month, and have additional fun activities such as our September "Southern Lighthouse Getaway" to Sapelo, St. Simons, Hunting, and Tybee.

Our next meeting is Saturday, October 23rd. All are welcome. We have a Holiday Dinner scheduled for Dec. 4th. Our January meeting has two mystery guests. I (Jim) am personally looking forward to this one.

We would love any and all to join our group. We like to have fun and we don't take things too seriously. For more information, call Julie Rutherford at (770) 754-9060 or email us at hlsg@aol.com.

Re: North Georgia Beacon Brigade #36599 10/11/99 05:55 PM
Rusty Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Jim,
Just wanted to say I enjoyed meeting you and others yesterday, and tell the North Georgia Beacon Brigade "Thanks" for drawing for the Hillsboro Light, it looks great in my office. I was glad to see that you were raffling(sp) it for the Sunshine Foundation. They are a great bunch.

Thanks again,

Rusty

Re: North Georgia Beacon Brigade #36600 10/11/99 10:44 PM
L
ladylightkeeper Offline
L
Welcome to the wonderful world of Harbour Lights collector clubs. This is a great way for collectors to make friends and share an interesting hobby with so much true history behind the real lighthouses. Your group sounds very active. Congratulations on signing up 40 members at one time. I would enjoy reading here from you, more about what makes up a regional event, who organizes them, and who can attend. HL collectors, such as ourselves, who pass through an area (as we do coming and going between South and New England), would certainly appreciate advance notice of these events, if they are open to travelers, and how to register to attend.

Barbara Hupp, President
New England Lighthouse Lovers NELL

ladylightkeeper
Re: North Georgia Beacon Brigade #36601 10/12/99 11:14 PM
H
Harry R Offline
H
To all those in the North GA Beacon Brigade-

Thanks for a wonderful time Sunday! My wife and I really enjoyed the day!
In So. Georgia there aren't many lighthouse lovers so it was good to get together with so many(including those from Missouri, Tampa FL, NC).
Especially enjoyed the suprises given by Kim, Bill & company!

------------------
Harry R

Harry R
Re: North Georgia Beacon Brigade #36602 10/13/99 12:53 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
I spoke with both Bill and Kim this afternoon and both praised the help given my the "Blue Shirt Brigade" - the members of the Northern Georgia Beacon Brigade.

Both said all were so helpful when needed -- and it wasn't hard to spot one when you needed help, Kim said.

Way to go, members!

Moderated by  WackoPaul 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,037 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users