cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MOVING FROM INDIANA TO FLORIDA #36590 06/30/05 12:19 PM
ktamlin Offline OP
OP Offline
We have moved from Indiana to Florida and would like to get involved with a Florida club. We are in Auburndale, which is about 30 miles west of Orlando.

Talked with Rip last Saturday and he gave us some information about FLA, but would also like to get involved with a local club.

Any and all information would be great.

John & Karen
Re: MOVING FROM INDIANA TO FLORIDA #36591 06/30/05 01:20 PM
DANIEL Offline
Saint
Saint
You probally will want to join the Florida Lighthouse Association. Usually if you belong to a Flordia HL club you will want to belong to this one

http://www.floridalighthouses.org/

DANIEL
Re: MOVING FROM INDIANA TO FLORIDA #36592 06/30/05 01:50 PM
WackoPaul Offline
Saint
Saint
Indiana's loss is Florida's lighthouses gain.. The Tamlin's are great advocates for lighthouses and lighthouse restoration.. John after he retired became a docent at the Old Michigan City Lighthouse and was very good at it.. The Hoosier Lighthousing Club all will miss the Tamlin's at their club meetings and events..

Paul L Brady
President
Hoosier Lighthousing Club

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!
Re: MOVING FROM INDIANA TO FLORIDA #36593 06/30/05 02:05 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
I bet those Tamlins will make it back for a Work Day at Michigan City SOMETIME in the future!

Checking the Harbour Lights club listing:

www.harbourlights.com/clubs.htm

The only Florida Club right now is the Tampa Bay one. Maybe you should consider organizing a 'branch' of the TBHLC in 'toon town, rather than starting from scratch.

Don't forget to change your profile and update your email address and other information.

Re: MOVING FROM INDIANA TO FLORIDA #36594 07/05/05 10:48 PM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
We would love to have you both at Florida Lighthouse Association. laugh It's a good way to see the Florida Lights. We meet at a different lighthouse each quarter. I have climbed some that are closed or rarely open. The fall meeting will be at Mayport (Navy Base) and we should get a close look at both St. John Lighthouses and perhaps get to climb one or both (depends on the Navy).

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: MOVING FROM INDIANA TO FLORIDA #36595 08/13/05 09:58 PM
G
gatortom Offline
G
You know, Eric and RIP are not quite fully disclosing the situation in Florida. The Tampa Bay Harbour Lights Collectors Club is very active (meeting every other month), and supportive of the Anclote Key Lighthouse restoration project. The Tampa club was formed in 1997. There was briefly a club in Orlando in 1998. I know there is still interest in the Orlando area (I live and work closer to Orlando than Tampa) but there has never been a concerted effort to reestablish the Club.

Re: MOVING FROM INDIANA TO FLORIDA #36596 08/14/05 11:22 AM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
No doubt Tampa Bay Harbour Lights Collectors Club is a great organization. smile No reason not to belong to both. smile I thought FLA would be a good way to see all the Florida Lights. One advantage of FLA is all the lighthouse groups in Florida can set up a table at the meeting and sell their items or raffle tickets and sign up new members.

PS due to distance from my house I am not a member of TBHLCC but have worked one of their work days at Ancloate and bought their items and raffle tickets for sale to support their efforts.

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: MOVING FROM INDIANA TO FLORIDA #36597 08/15/05 01:36 AM
Bill and Judy Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
We are members of both associations and recommend both. We have done a couple of trips--Anclote Key and the Dry Tortugas and they were a lot of fun with great folks. If we lived there we would be active members!
Judy and Bill

Moderated by  WackoPaul 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,451 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users