cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bill at Beacons of the Bay Collectors Club Meeting #36397 11/18/01 01:23 AM
Chesapeake Bryan Offline OP
OP Offline
Bill Younger spoke at our meeting this afternoon. Bill was pretty tight lipped about anything new, but did let out after his speach that a Statue of Liberty GLOW will be released soon. He said it was given a higher priority after the events of 9-11.

Bill did relate some new information that I had not heard. He said that most future releases will have edditions sizes of 6000 or below. He said the 9500 and 10000 editions were just too much. I think this is a greatidea as it will make each light more limited and more collectible.

Bill also said that the new line of historic buildings will require around a $30,000 initial investment by the group/company for Y & A to produce the piece.

Bill also talked a little about the anchor bay line. He said that only coast guard ships will be produced in the near future. That means no lightships or other misc ships.

Overall, a good time was had by all. Bill was his normal entertaining self and told some hilarious stories that I hadn't heard before.

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1569601&a=13352691&p=56493152&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]

(Those who went to the reunion, will recognize the picture in the background. It is the Mark Sherman watercolor that was given away that one of our members won. He brought it so everyone could see it.)

Re: Bill at Beacons of the Bay Collectors Club Meeting #36398 11/18/01 09:20 AM
Bob M Offline
Saint
Saint
Information like that will change your status from "reporter" to "senior correspondent". Thank you for sharing that with us, Bryan.

All collectors will be happy to hear about the smaller edition sizes. Six thousand or less pieces per HL will better serve the collecting community's effort to preserve the value of our collections. It will also generate the necessary interest to buy early while the piece is available. Early retirements and appreciation in value will soon follow.

Thanks for sharing your information with us.

Bob

Re: Bill at Beacons of the Bay Collectors Club Meeting #36399 11/20/01 01:24 AM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
We probably drove right by the meeting. Where was it held?

Esther and I were in the "area" this weekend. On Saturday we got to the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum in St Michael's, Asseteague Lighthouse, Chincoteague Wildlife Loop and the Oyster & Maritime Museum in Chincoteague.

I wish we had known there was a meeting we would have dropped in and said Hello!

Dennis

[This message has been edited by wheland (edited 11-19-2001).]

Re: Bill at Beacons of the Bay Collectors Club Meeting #36400 11/21/01 12:33 AM
RFoster Offline
Bryan, you mentioned that there will be only USCG Ships produced for future Anchor Bay releases. I would sure like to see the USCG Eagle (America's Tall Ship).

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Re: Bill at Beacons of the Bay Collectors Club Meeting #36401 11/21/01 02:24 AM
DANIEL Online
Saint
Saint
Quote:
Bill also talked a little about the anchor bay line. He said that only coast guard ships will be produced in the near future. That means no lightships or other misc ships.

The Lightships are Coast Guard ships. The Light ships were taken over from the Lighthouse service by the Coast Guard in 1939. Even thought some of the lightships were manned by civilians, the ships and the crew were under the command of the Coast Guard. I really don’t think that Harbour Lights would quit making Lightships. When Bill says Coast guard only. I am positive that he means Lightships also.
Daniel

DANIEL
Re: Bill at Beacons of the Bay Collectors Club Meeting #36402 11/21/01 02:29 AM
mombo Offline
Saint
Saint
Maybe if the glass cases are out they could put them in bottles?

Re: Bill at Beacons of the Bay Collectors Club Meeting #36403 11/21/01 03:26 PM
CAVR Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Well here goes my 100th post!

I think the USCG Eagle would be an AWSOME choice for an Anchor Bay ship! And to top it off, it would be even better in a bottle. (I guess it would have to be a rather large glass bottle to accomodate the large mast and multiple sails -aye?)

I whole heartily support the USCG "Eagle". This Anchor bay replica would go great with the wonderful poster that Light House Depot has available showing a ghostly image of the "Eagle" and the Portland Head Lighthouse!

If it was done right, I would pay top dollar for this piece assuming that it really wasn't in a bottle. Such a GREAT idea!!

Happy Thanksgiving folks.....

Christopher

-Christopher
"CAVR"
Re: Bill at Beacons of the Bay Collectors Club Meeting #36404 11/22/01 01:58 AM
Chesapeake Bryan Offline OP
OP Offline
Dennis-- Soory I did't post the meeting announcement , but I was so busy last week that I never got the chance to. I'll post our next meeting well in advance.

Christopher-- Funny you should mention the eagle. Someone actually asked Bill about the Eagle after our meeting last weekend. He said that the Eagle isn't in the plans for the forseeable future. Bill mentioned that because of the scale considerations of the Eagle, it would be difficult to produce it as an anchor bay piece. But, I did see a pretty nice version of the Eagle in a bottle in a gift shop in Corolla, NC a couple of weeks ago...

Daniel-- Bill actually said that for the time being that they would not be producing any more lightships, just coast guard boats like cutters and lifeboats.

Moderated by  WackoPaul 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (DANIEL, Rock, Dave H), 1,665 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users