Squirrel Point Light

shirin

Shirin
Re: Yet another lighthouse with Controversy #34811 11/05/02 12:21 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Shirin,

This topic was also discussed two months ago . This guy is a real jewell, to say the very least. Don't understand why someone in the CG doesn't grow a backbone and enforce the terms of the private conveyance. To get it done in the first place, Trenholm had to have some political friends. I would venture a guess that his original desire in obtaining the property was to either find a way to make a buck, or possibly hoping he could tear down the lighthouse to build something new on the property.

I can certainly understand why no locals would want to help at this point, as all they would be doing is helping him give them the shaft. If the proceeds from the sale have to go to Squirrel Point Associates. I imagne they will have to hire him at some exhorbitant salary to get the money transferred to him, or he will simply take the "significant tax penalty" mentioned in the article and laugh all the way to the bank.

Hope the townspeople hang in there and follow thru this time, and work to get possession of the light and actually work to restore it.

Dave

Moderated by  PFC 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,052 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users