cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
April "Lighthouse Digest" #33920 04/06/00 05:00 PM
Brent Offline OP
OP Offline
As usual the April LD is full of alot of interesting articles but one in particular stands out for being unique. Apparently, Northern Michigan University is offering both a "credited" and "non-credited" course called "Lighthouses of the Great Lakes". The difference being that the HS-295 "credited" version is more in depth. Both are offered only on the World Wide Web. Frederick Stonehouse, the instructor, is quoted as saying...."Both courses will help the student understand the role and development of Great Lakes Lighthouses. They emphasize the details of their construction, lighting apparatus, the daily routine of keepers, general organization and management, and significant Great Lakes Lights. Students will aquire a thorough understanding of how these lighthouses actually operated and a general knowledge of U.S. Lighthouses". For more information you can contact Frederick Stonehouse at: Stone@bresnanlink.net or call 906-226-6014. I mention this because if you or someone that you know needs to pick up 2 credits as an elective, this is as good as it gets!! (Also...there is an interesting article on how they make minitures like "Harbour Lights"...a question that has come-up in this forum in the past.

------------------
Brent

[This message has been edited by Brent (edited 04-06-2000).]

Brent
OBLHS Charter Member
Re: April "Lighthouse Digest" #33921 04/06/00 11:38 PM
N
Nana Offline
N
I always enjoy this publication but really enjoyed it this month. The Shanklin's are such a lovely couple and have had a journey getting all the photos they have of our US lights.

After I emailed them about the article, Sandra emailed back to say they were going to be staying at Heceta Head the same week I am. We are going to miss each other by several days.

Derith

Re: April "Lighthouse Digest" #33922 04/07/00 09:00 AM
Brent Offline OP
OP Offline
That was an interesting article that Sandra did on Sapelo Island as was the article by Joe Kiebish on Cape Elizabeth. 'Nice issue!

Brent
OBLHS Charter Member

Moderated by  PFC 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,642
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,807 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users