Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Cape Lookout #33529 10/11/98 01:49 PM
T
tnkeeper Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Has anyone heard of plans to build cottages on Cape Lookout island?
My husband and I vacationed in that area in September. We spent a wonderful morning visiting the lighthouse and exploring the island. If you have never spent time in the "company" of one of our sentinels in this setting ; remote, almost deserted, then I urge you to do so. It gives one even more pause to appreciate the sacrifices that our lightkeepers made to " keep the flame."
I have been unsuccessful in trying to find out about the cottages. I feel that the agencies I've contacted are ignoring my request for information. I can't even get a simple YEA or NAY to confirm one way or another IF it's true.
Can any of you help? Especially maybe some North Carolinians?
My husband and I were saddened to think that anyone would want to change this beautiful island in this way.
Ready to get on the soap box , but is there a need to?
tnkeeper aka Debbie

Re: Cape Lookout #33530 10/11/98 06:03 PM
T
tnkeeper Offline OP
OP Offline
T
We got our info from the captain of the boat that took us across the sound. When asked who was in charge of making this type of decision he told us he wasn"t sure, but from what he had been told it was already a done deal. The US Park Service was the first agency I wrote. That was 5 wks. ago. I haven't heard from them.

[This message has been edited by tnkeeper.]

Moderated by  PFC 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,317 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users