Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Funds for New Point Comfort #30732 12/01/03 08:37 PM
bonnebert Offline OP
OP Offline
The following came to me from Bob Trapani:

Hello,

I recently emailed a story that talked about the pursuit of an appropriations bill in Congress to help the oyster industry (4 million) and New Point Comfort Light ($450,000) in the Chesapeake Bay. Well, here is the latest -- it looks like it will go through as it only requires the signature of President Bush to make it official.

What was good to read was a quote from Rep. Jo Ann Davis who said, "The preservation of this lighthouse and our water heritage must remain a priority,"

New Point Comfort Article

Anytime a lighthouse receives funding via congressional support, it raises the chances of future lights to obtain appropriations. The more legislators understand how important lighthouses are to our communities, the higher the value and appreciation attached to them by the general public. In turn, lighthouse groups will be more attractive recipients for the financial support so critical to our preservation efforts. Let's all do our part to attract the attention of our legislators for our projects -- it makes a difference with both the local and national lighthouse scene.

Joyce

Re: Funds for New Point Comfort #30733 12/02/03 03:22 AM
MelJB Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Joyce,
This could be great news for New Point Lighthouse, and for the men that make their livings on the bay.

By the way, I don't remember seeing any articles about how New Point weathered Isabel. Can you share any info on that? Being originally from Hampton, I would be interested.

Thanks,

Melody smile

Melody
Re: Funds for New Point Comfort #30734 12/02/03 11:46 AM
bonnebert Offline OP
OP Offline
Melody, I have not heard too much about New Point Comfort, but I beleive it weathered the storm okay. If I hear of anything, I'll let you know.

Joyce

Moderated by  PFC 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Rock, Dave H), 1,337 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users