Rockland, Maine 04841

207 594-4174

www.lighthousefoundation.org
Re: Currituck Sues U.S. Government #30177 03/02/06 01:29 AM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Quote:
The entire issue could be tossed aside, county officials have repeatedly said, if the OBC will turn title over to the county. OBC has declined.
Gee, what a surprise. No matter how many ways they try to deny it they want nothing more than to steal the light to operate it as a cash cow while doing their normal non-maintenance. What a fine, upstanding group of people the commisioners are . . . . . . (TIC in the worst way if you thought otherwise).

Re: Currituck Sues U.S. Government #30178 03/02/06 02:50 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
I believe that qualifies as extortion and the County should be challenged under the racketeering laws. IMHO.

Re: Currituck Sues U.S. Government #30179 03/02/06 12:14 PM
eastpoint Offline
Found a website for a candidate looking to replace our favorite wink congressman Jones in NC

www.weberinthehouse.com

Maybe we should make a campaign contribution.

Hank

Re: Currituck Sues U.S. Government #30180 03/02/06 04:14 PM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
LET IT GO!!!!

To me, this has gone past the lighthouse lover part of me -- and to the part of me that deals with all stupid, irrational things.

I have never, in my entire 16 years, seen a group of people more WHINY than this (and I've seen plenty of whiny people). It's a lighthouse. Not that I don't really love this lighthouse (with all the times we go to the OBX, I've actually probably been to CBL more times than Sea Girt), it's not worth this. Yeah, it's a big cash flow thing, and a nice tourist attraction. But the effort, and, I'm sure, money they're putting into this would never be fully earned back, even if they did (God forbid) gain ownership.

They have to let it go. The light was originally awarded to OBC in what, 2003? THREE YEARS of whining and trying.

They're only using this zoning thing as their only loophole. I want to invite the members of the Currituck County Council (or whatever this bunch of utter morons is called) to visit the lighthouse. I want them to look at the >1 acre site and tell me where they'll build a carpark. If they can figure out some way to build one and preserve the site's integrity, without paving over the entire site and parking around the bottom of the lighthouse, I'll go down there with a shovel and a dump truck full of gravel and build it for them.

Just let it go already. Please. Nobody's amused any more, and if you keep this going, the Government won't be either.

mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

Re: Currituck Sues U.S. Government #30181 03/03/06 06:42 AM
ericlighthouse Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
If Currituck County ever gets the lighthouse, I predict that they will kill the goose that laid the golden egg. They will spend the income for other things and little by little the lighthouse will decline and will need to be saved again. This is the same government that want to burn down the keepers houses, years ago.

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el
Re: Currituck Sues U.S. Government #30182 03/04/06 04:39 PM
regalhobo Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Quote:
The entire issue could be tossed aside, county officials have repeatedly said, if the OBC will turn title over to the county. OBC has declined.
Why don't we just change that quote a little and have it read "The entire issue could be tossed aside, if the county officials were tossed over the side."
This is really getting to be absurd. When are the going to realize they lost.

smile cool

regalhobo
Tom K

:) :cool:
Re: Currituck Sues U.S. Government #30183 03/06/06 04:00 PM
R
rgurskey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
R
Quote:
When are the going to realize they lost.
Never. That's the problem.

Moderated by  PFC 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (DANIEL, Rock), 1,573 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users