Currituck County Still At it #29101 10/23/03 04:06 PM
Shirin Offline OP
OP Offline

Shirin
Re: Currituck County Still At it #29102 10/23/03 05:13 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Isn't that a big surprise! Strange that there have been no zoning, parking or other issues for the past 20+ years, but since the jerkwad county lost in all its attempts to screw OBC it is suddenly an issue.

As I recall, OBC helped pay for the nearby restrooms. But the county now says this is a residential area, so why are there public restrooms? Even as backwater as the people in this county are, I would hope their homes have indoor plumbing of their own.

It would be wonderful to see OBC walk into federal court and sue the county, its commissioners and everyone else who is harrasing them. There has to be some relief. You think the jackasses would accept the fact that no one in the world except they themselves think they are worthy stewards of historic property and get on with life. Maybe we could get a congrressperson with a functioning brain to introduce some type of law that protects OBC (as much as I hate that kind of action, this may be what it takes.)

Dave

Re: Currituck County Still At it #29103 10/23/03 05:18 PM
Lighthouse Joe Offline
Dave,

Intelligent minds think alike. See my post here
http://www.lighthousing.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1607

Or is it simple minds...

Lighthouse Joe

Re: Currituck County Still At it #29104 10/23/03 06:25 PM
Lighthouser Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Everyone here DOES realize that the county's actions are not a surprize to the folks at the OBC...right?

The OBC knew the county would resort to playing games with the zoning issues, and it's just something they have to deal with, and are, and have been prepared to deal with.

Believe me, it's not over yet, and you haven't heard everything up the county's slick sleeves.

Something these polititians seem to forget though...elections. A polititian can be here today ...and gone tomorrow.

Gee...that rings of something the polititians once said of the OBC.

Hope I get to watch these seedy polititians swallow a big dose of their own medicine!

Judy

Judy
Re: Currituck County Still At it #29105 10/23/03 06:45 PM
Lighthouser Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
And as a post script to my last comment,

Wonder how long it will take for these county polititians to figure out that any action they take to prevent the public's access to the lighthouse grounds, i.e. messing with the parking lot or the restrooms or what have you...will come back to bite them where it hurts the most...

in their revenue pockets!

Judy :rolleyes:

Judy
Re: Currituck County Still At it #29106 10/23/03 11:26 PM
Dave H Offline
Saint
Saint
Judy,

I'm pretty convinced that the leadership of Currituck County has a combined IQ that hovers in the low 1 digit vicinity. I don't think they have any concept of the potential economic hit they might take.

I think all of us know that OBC has "war gamed" the scenario trying to anticipate what the jerkwads will throw their way. Still doesn't change the sentiments above that it may require proactive litigation or Congressional intervention to allow you and I to visit the tower.

One would hope that the citizens of Currituck County would beging to question the continual outflow of funds to jack up the OBC. One would hope that some official in Congress would file charges against the vendictive actions of Jackass Jones. He has blown more of OUR tax monies than ever should have been wasted just so he can feel impotent (intentional). There has to be some real dirt on him that someone could find . . . . .

Dave

Moderated by  PFC 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,356 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users