cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Year after deed transfer lighthouse remains center of debate #28421 08/03/04 08:57 PM
PFC Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
New article by Sandy Semans of the Outer Banks Sentinel staff about the ongoing battle for control of the Currituck Beach Lighthouse.

Check out the story at the following link:
http://obsentinel.womacknewspapers.com/articles/2004/08/03/top_stories/1lighthouse.txt

All my best,
Paul Conlin
Secretary,
ALF

Help Save Our Lighthouses!

Become a part of the
American Lighthouse Foundation
P.O. Box 565
Rockland, Maine 04841

207 594-4174

www.lighthousefoundation.org
Re: Year after deed transfer lighthouse remains center of debate #28422 08/03/04 10:34 PM
Dave H Online
Saint
Saint
Sandy Semans has done an outstanding job reporting on this issue over the duration. It is interesting that the spokeman for the committee that ordered Homeland Security to audit OBC again admits that it was because the request came from "a sitting member of congress". I think one could add one letter into that statement and come up with a more correct description of that sleazebag Jones. In tight financial times we insist on throwing away funds and resources of the very department that has a zillion more important things to do. Sometimes you just gotta love democracy.

One thing that never seems to be addressed is how the average citizen of Currituck County really feels about the siruation.

Re: Year after deed transfer lighthouse remains center of debate #28423 08/03/04 11:32 PM
Larry Offline
May Ronald Reagan forgive me wink , but maybe this guy can help:

http://www.eatonforcongress.com/

Re: Year after deed transfer lighthouse remains center of debate #28424 08/03/04 11:44 PM
PFC Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
:rolleyes: Do we need another letter writing campaign? frown

If so who do we appeal to now? GOD? confused

Is it just my imagination or does anyone else think that maybe the Department of Homeland Security has better more crucial things to work on than investigating a wonderful, fantastic, honorable non-profit that has already been investigated over and over again and found not guilty of anything other than restoring and preserving one of our nation's most historic lighthouses for future generations?

Is there no end to this saga? Is there someone in the Interior Department or some other government agency with some common sense who can see what has been going on in Currituck County?

Is it not true that the United States Department of the Interior has awarded the Currituck Beach Lighthouse to the Outer Banks Conservationists (twice) because they were the best qualified to become permanent stewards of the lighthouse?

The time has come for all good men to come to the aid of the OBC! Do we need to spend $90 Million like the Democrats and have a Lighthouse Convention? Maybe we can start a recall campaign to get rid of Congressman Jones?

How long must we wait for this report to come from the Department of Homeland Security? And as Sandy Semans says, "why haven't they been called in to investigate all of the other lighthouse transfers"?

I can only imagine how tired and frustrated all of the members of the Outer Banks Conservationists must be over this entire situation! My best wishes go out to all of them! Let's hope something good happens soon!

All my best,
Paul Conlin
Secretary,

Help Save Our Lighthouses!

Become a part of the
P.O. Box 565
Rockland, Maine 04841

207 594-4174

www.lighthousefoundation.org
Re: Year after deed transfer lighthouse remains center of debate #28425 08/04/04 12:02 AM
seagirt Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
OK, I could take some of the other stuff we've had thrown at us, but this is ridiculous.

If I remember, the DHS is tight on funds. Considering that they may be the most important federal department, why are they wasting time and money on the lighthouse? If I remember, we have just gotten SPECIFIC terrorist threats against financial institutions? Are we going to investigate that and save lives, or waste money trying to audit OBC for the 12 MILLIONTH TIME? OBC owning CBL does NOT threaten our security, contrary to "popular" belief.

I am trying to figure out some way to reason this, and all I can think of is that it is because the USCG is now under DHS jurisdiction. But then they would say Coast Guard, wouldn't they?

Good thing Mr. Jones' term is almost up. He needs to be replaced badly in the 3rd District. I don't care if it's a Democrat, which may be shocking from me, We just need him OUT. We should start our own party, the Lighthouse Party...anyone here who lives in the 3rd District willing to run? Wackos for Congress! smile

Roll patriotic music...

Re: Year after deed transfer lighthouse remains center of debate #28426 08/04/04 01:48 AM
Dave H Online
Saint
Saint
Paul, the unfortunate issue here is the lowest common denominator (and lowest possible form of life) known as the Flaming Jack*** of Currituck, congressman Jones. (I refuse to dishonor the others who serve by capitalizing the "C".) The only reason the Homeland folks are involved is because they were told to be by a Congressional Committee Chair, acting on behalf of his scum sucking friend. I think the fact that the DHS folks have not gotten a report out yet gives you an idea of where this sits on their priority list.

It is my personal belief that the fist step in resolving this mess will be to remove the dirtbag Jones from office. Then the idiot commissioners may realize that they don't have the Washington horsepower they now have and will perhaps start to regroup to save whatever face they can. (was that a long enough sentence?)

I'm just concerned that the people in his district will mindlessly send the idiot back to Congress because he is a good old boy. Maybe there should be some kind of intelligence test to pass before you are allowed to vote? (tic, I don't encourage disenfranchisement of anyone, even the terminally stupid.)

Re: Year after deed transfer lighthouse remains center of debate #28427 08/04/04 09:55 AM
Lighthouse Joe Offline
Mr. Jones has been putting up one road block after another. But this is extreme, Homeland Security? How does the old saying go? "Ye protesteth too much." Its almost like he is trying to hide something and the OBC and the lighthouse are right on top of it.

Maybe its time for Mr. Jones to be investigated. Lets start with a cavity search, shall we?

Lighthouse Joe

Moderated by  PFC 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dave H), 1,191 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users