Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Who Will Own Thomas Point? #28276 07/05/03 12:23 PM
Lighthouser Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Who will own landmark Thomas Point Lighthouse?

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/cgi-bin/read/2003/07_05-16/TOP

Judy

Judy
Re: Who Will Own Thomas Point? #28277 07/05/03 03:34 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Thanks Judy. And Congrats on making the WACKO status! I see you've already picked Bodie Island for your Avatar!

Just a note for everyone. When you find an article on the Internet, especially one from a newspaper, chances are it is protected by COPYRIGHT. (In this case, if you click on the link in the post above, you'll see a copyright notice at the bottom of the page.)

It is a violation of copyright law to copy and publish this article elsewhere without written permission from the copyright owner -- such as the Collector Forums. Lighthousekeepers.com might be liable for this violation, as might be the person who copied and published it on the Forums.

However, it is perfectly acceptable to provide a LINK to the article where it appears on the Internet. And you can summarize the article if you wish in your own words. (It's good manners to mention something like... "According to a copyrighted story in the Annapolis Capital newspaper..." if you summarize something in your own words.)

You can easily create a link to a copyrighted article within your post using these simple 6 steps:

1. Copy the URL of an article (Click once on the 'Address' window - then choose EDIT/Copy) then go to the proper forum
2. Post a new message or post a reply and in the body of the text type "[url=" (without the quotes) then paste the link (EDIT/Paste) and at the end of the link type "]" (right bracket)
3. Now type the words you want to appear in the link such as Who Will Own Thomas Point and at the end of your title type "[/url]"
4. Add any other comments you'd like about the story and
5. Click on the Preview Post button and try clicking on the link. If it works then...
6. Click on Add Reply button.

Re: Who Will Own Thomas Point? #28278 07/05/03 10:33 PM
Lighthouser Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
Duly noted!

I always look for a copyright...in this instance, I missed it.

Judy smile

Judy
Re: Who Will Own Thomas Point? #28279 07/05/03 10:46 PM
Lighthouser Offline OP
Cruise Director
OP Offline
Cruise Director
And...thanks for the "congrats" on making Wacko status. Needed to get there before my new Wacko badge arrives!

Gee...now I'm OFFICIALLY...Wacko, and a Nut (Lighthouse Nuts)...something a few of my family members have thought for years.

Bodie Island Lighthouse for my avatar...I believe appropriate!

Judy laugh

Judy

Moderated by  PFC 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,132 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users