cf-banner.jpg
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
2004 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge #28236 09/21/04 01:43 PM
bonnebert Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, I'm coming up for air following this past weekend's Challenge. Robert, my husband, and I were stationed at Piney Point. Alex kept us wet off and on, with downpours and heavy winds, all day Saturday. At 2:00pm, wet and cold, we threw in the towel, packed everything up, took down the tent, which wasn't keeping us dry, and worked from the truck. Robert and Danny would jump out and hand out the Challenge Cards as people pulled in. Some brave souls still got out and went to climb the tower. Sunday was sunny, but windy, so we pitched the tent in a protected corner, and enjoyed the day. This is the second year it's rained on us. Peak Hurricane season, last year bad weather proceeding Isabel, this year Ivan coming down on us. BUT, "The THIRD TIME is a CHARM." Til now The "I's" have it!!!!! I can safely say the Chesapeake Chapter, USLHS, does put the CHALLENGE in our lighthouse challenge.

Dennis did you get to Turkey Point on Sunday to complete it. Tom Wade said he stayed and drove people up the to the light until 6:45pm,

Joyce

Re: 2004 Maryland Lighthouse Challenge #28237 09/21/04 07:01 PM
wheland Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Joyce,

Unfortunately we skipped Turkey Point. I couldn't assume anybody would stay that late- we might not have made it even by then though.

I should have either stayed a little further south on Saturday night or gotten to Ft Washington on Saturday. I wish I had a bit more planning time- I thought of doing it at about 9 AM on Saturday and we left Trenton at Noon on Saturday.

We did get to Turkey Point on Monday- unfortunately it doesn't count for the Challenge, but it still counts as a new Lighthouse.

We got 3 on this trip- Piney Point, Turkey Point and a distant view of Sharps Island from the end of Tilghman Island.

I enjoyed talking to you and the other Wackos (HL and otherwise) that we ran into at the Lighthouses. I'm going to get to my pictures later and do a nice little narrative hopefully in the next day or two.

Dennis

Moderated by  PFC 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Rock, Dave H), 1,415 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users