Print Thread
Coquille-The results are in !!! #27753 10/31/98 07:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The people have spoken ! The election judges have been working around the clock to insure a fair polling. After a carefull count of all the votes here are the results.

finish a limited edition to 5,500 - 1 vote 4.16%
finish a limited edition to 10,000 -3 votes 12.5%
no new Coquille - 4 votes 25%
make a Coquille GLOW - 16 votes - 66%

This has been a very scientific sampling and I figure with about 30,000 Society members the actual numbers would be aproximently like this.
Ok, lets see here.......30,000 divided.......by 6......................carry the 8............subtract the numbers of dealers...............multiply by numbers of residents of Bandon...........take away the amount of first year reunion attendee's..............then add in the number of first time collectors who don't know how many sides Coquille should have, then for our Canadian friends multiply by 5 then divide by 3. Ok here they are

finish a limited edition to 5,500 - 4.16%
finish a limited edition to 10,000 - 12.5%
no new Coquille - 25%
make a Coquille GLOW - 66%

It'a mandate !!! Coquille GLOW is a landslide winner !!!

KIM, send my regular number to my usual dealer in January

From election central headquarters at Denny's, near the Fog Signal Facilitys, Mark

Re: Coquille-The results are in !!! #27754 10/31/98 10:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are absolutly correct Sean, please pardon my oversight in the precise calulations. You have pointed out a important flaw that requires a second recalulation. In addition to the loggers and lumberjacks that would have an intrest in this fine lighthouse we must also take in to account the environmental groups that are opposed to logging and their desire to purchase this piece with the sole intention of keeping it out of the hands of the loggers and lumberjacks. With all this additional information factored in, here are the revised figures.

finish limited edition to 5,500 - 4.16%
finish limited edition to 10.000 - 12.5%
no new Coquille - 25%
make a new Coquille GLOW - 66%

Mark

P.S. Sean, I sugest you not make light of the "Stuffed Beaver" on the mantle, because you may feel the wrath of angry Wisconsin residents resulting in a shortage of beer and cheese. The people of Wisconsin take their stuffed beaver seriously !

[This message has been edited by Mark Wagner.]

Re: Coquille-The results are in !!! #27755 10/31/98 10:44 PM
J
JTimothyA Offline
Saint
Saint
J
After seeing some kids running down the street with a flaming pumpkin on a stick - makes me wonder...

Just how do you make a Coquille GLOW?

Rgds,
Bob Chernobyl

Re: Coquille-The results are in !!! #27756 11/01/98 10:12 AM
R
Rod Watson Offline
Saint
Saint
R
Thanks Mark for your great work and commitment to mathematical accuracy.
Thats the exact results I paid for...Uh, Er...I mean expected.

Coquille for GLOW in '99! Vote early, Vote often

-RodW
[Paid for by the Coquille for GLOW '99 committee. Rod W: Instigator...Mark W: Poll Manipulator...Tim A: Devil's Advocate]

[This message has been edited by Rod Watson.]

Re: Coquille-The results are in !!! #27757 11/01/98 10:45 AM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Hey Mark --

That "stuffed Beaver" - tastes like chicken, doesn't it?

John [Attn Cheesheads, no flames, please]

P.S. And wouldn't you know only someone in Wisconsin could figure out how to make a pumpkin on a stick burn.

Re: Coquille-The results are in !!! #27758 11/01/98 11:58 AM
Todd Shorkey Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
.....Nah, I not going to touch this one with a burning pumpkin on a ten foot stick!

[This message has been edited by Todd Shorkey.]

Re: Coquille-The results are in !!! #27759 11/01/98 01:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All though I am not from Wisconsin, I have visited a few times and I have learned how they make a pumpkin burn. Normaly there would be a code of silence among halloween ghouls, ghosts and pranksters, but I thought I would beat the FOX network to the punch on exposing the secrets of the profesion. It's simple- Brandy, yes Brandy you replace your water with Brandy when sprinkling the garden. Then after picking the pumpkin and cleaning it out you then fill it full of Brandy for a week prior to carving the pumpkin, By the time halloween rolls around your pumpkin is well fermented and ready to be ignited. A word of caution : make sure that all trick or treaters put out smoking materials 25 feet from your porch.

P.S. This is also where the stuffed Beaver gets it flavor from too

[This message has been edited by Mark Wagner.]

Re: Coquille-The results are in !!! #27760 11/02/98 10:51 AM
P
PamBrian Offline
P
So.

Bottom line......

Does this mean that HL will go ahead with their original plans and release it in January ?

Or will I need to whine some more ?

Brian

Re: Coquille-The results are in !!! #27761 11/03/98 01:23 AM
Rock Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Hey, fair is fair, if Bolivar, TX qualifies for a GLOW, then Coquille deserves a place as well, and so does West Quoddy Head, Key West, even North Head...the limited edition looks like a candle...

Moderated by  Shortcake 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,268 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users