Well, now that I have become a WACKO!
I will try again, to see if I/we can get Harbour Lights to Manufacture Boxes?
I was not one of the original Harbour Lights Lighthouse Collectors, but paid "Big Money" for the Older Retired Harbour Lights Lighthouses! But, I know I am not alone!
Surely in the process, you would think the original Harbour Light Box would have been included in the price! Well, most of us knows, it was not always the case! Nor, did it always lower the Price!
Now, with the current Harbour Lights Boxes with the foam inserts another problem exists. Either the Harbour Lights Box is too small or the foam insert is to big? I know most of the corners on my new Harbour Lights Boxes appear to be dented, lids do not always close and/or stay closed. Then if you don't put the Harbour Lights Lighthouse back in the box correctly, it can even be worse.
I am a Newbie a New Collector and still haven't been broke in. But, I am finding; when I can get one of the older Harbour Lights Boxes they open and close and are also easy to store with limited space.
But, I now would like to again plea my case, again, on the Wish List!
Harbour Lights are not in the business to manufacture Boxes! Yet, as we all know the Boxes are part of the complete package and are just important in Wholesale as in Resale.
Again, I think Harbour Lights should manufacture extra boxes for sale by Harbour Lights only and not the Retail Stores. The assembly line manufactures, all current boxes needed! So, why not increase the volume!
The absence of boxes on the Resale Market effects the Sale Price drastically? or does it?
I think, I better wait until after Christmas to see, if just(1) person might agreed with me!
Hoping everyone has a very Merry Christmas!
Karen :-)

[This message has been edited by Karen Smith (edited 12-16-99).]