Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Save a Sentinel Series #26119 10/27/98 08:13 PM
Kaiz Offline OP
Super Wacko
OP Offline
Super Wacko
Maybe this one will bring about some discussion. I would like to see Harbour Lights start a series on the relocation of and/or serious endangered lighthouses. Whether depicting the moving of S.E. Block or hopefully the saving of Cape Hatteras. Maybe picturing the immediacy of the encroaching cliff or sea to the featured lighthouse.

The series could be issued every other year with a special flag. I'd be willing to pay a small premium (I know the GLOWS do this now) that would go to the saving of these structures that we admire.

I just think a designed series, especially for this purpose, would indeed be SPECIAL.

Re: Save a Sentinel Series #26120 10/27/98 10:42 PM
Webmaster Offline
Saint
Saint
Hmmmm. I kinda like the idea. A Cape Hatteras showing the lighthouse on it's moving "crawler on rails" with the movable bleachers following the progress.

Maybe $150 (it's a complicated piece) with $25 each going to help the lighthouse. (10,000 x $25 = a quarter million dollars).

Now what kind of issue is that?

Could it be a LIMITED EDITION made to a specific quantity - like 10,000? Or have we assumed that once made, another limited edition will not be made of the same lighthouse, even if it pictures the lighthouse as moving, or what it looked like 100 years ago (different tower then), or ??

Could it be a LIMITED EDITION with the size of the edition determined by the number of orders received within a time frame? [The old plate makers "limited to 180 firing days") Or again is that precluded by what we assumed about CH already made and retired as a limited edition?

Could it be another GLOW of CH? If they can make one GLOW of CH, it seems like nothing could stop them from making 2 or 3 or 4 different open editions of CH.

Or Maybe (and you can tell I'm thinking as I type, here) they should make a new piece that matches in scale the existing GLOW Cape Hatteras but shows it on the move? (And a third that shows it with 2,000 feet of sea oats between the tower and the shore. Not to scale, of course.)

MUDD [For SURE now.]

Moderated by  Shortcake 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,978
Posts184,640
Members2,579
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 900 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SafeHarbor, Toots, Bluffhill, phtate, TexLight2022
2579 Registered Users